『Chapter 5』

❝𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝.❞
-𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻

_____________

CHAPTER 5
Protect
༺༻

Mikasa slowly opened her eyes to only meet a bright light. She closed her eyes again and let out a groan. She absolutely hated mornings, but at the same time admired the quiet mornings. It was, relaxing to her, peaceful even.

Slowly she got out of bed and did her morning routine. Once she finished she headed down the stairs to find breakfast on the table and Eren in the backyard doing his exercise.

How can one be so energetic in the morning? She asked herself.

A few minutes later Eren walked back into the house and noticed Mikasa eating her breakfast while scrolling through social media. "Oh? You're up early." He said, slightly surprised.

"Shush, I can be early if I want to be." Mikasa huffed.

Eren chuckled and shook his head, "sure, sure whatever you say." He shrugged and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. Once they were both done Mikasa put on her jacket and noticed Eren's jacket sitting on her desk.

She grabbed the jacket and put it over her shoulders. "Its bigger than I thought..." she muttered to herself.

Suddenly she found herself thinking about the brunette. He looks pretty skinny but damn... his hair looks so fluffy and nice to touch and his eyes are beautiful... she thought absentmindedly.

The blackett blushed at the sudden rush of thoughts and took the jacket off. She walked down the stairs and waited for Eren to finish whatever he was doing in his room.

When he came out she handed him his jacket. "Here... thanks for lending it last night." She said quietly but it was enough for the tall male to hear.

Eren let out a feigned laugh and took the jacket and put it on. "Alright, let's go." He smiled opening the door and gave way for Mikasa to exit the house.

The duo left the house and later arrived at Mikasa's school. "Thanks Eren." She said before leaving, much to Eren's surprise. Well that's the first. He thought with a small smile on his face.

Just before Eren left he noticed two teenagers walking into the school grounds. He furrowed his eyebrows before shaking his head and left.

▌│█║▌║▌║

Jean tapped his pen against his book, bored out of his mind. He listened to the teacher ramble on and on about the chapter of a novel they had just spent ten minutes reading.

He anxiously awaited for the bell to ring. His stomach growled for, nearly the tenth time, and he groaned. "Why is this going so slow...." he whispered to himself.

Suddenly he felt his phone in his pocket vibrate. Jean grabbed his book and opened to a random page, placing it upright. He took out his phone and put it in between the book to see the message.

Eren:
Yo

Jean:
Sup
Whatcha want?

Eren:
I need you to keep an eye out
I saw two teenagers earlier
Both with black hair