『Chapter 15』

❝𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎.❞
-𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵
____________________

CHAPTER 15
Gone
༺༻

The duo soon arrived at the police station, several minutes passed and sure enough after a few attempts of contacting people and looking for the child's older brother, finally came.

The two made up, apologizing to one another. Eren smiled looking at the two hug. Jobs done, now I wanna go home and eat something... Eren thought and unfolded his arms starting to make his way out of the station to meet up with Mikasa outside.

"Um... Hey!" The child's older brother exclaimed getting Eren's attention. Eren turned around to meet the teenagers eyes. "T-Thank you!"

A small sigh escaped Eren's lips as he smiled gently, "no problem!" He said and turned around to join Mikasa on their way back home.

"Let's go?" Mikasa asked seeing Eren walk down the steps.

The brunett grinned and nodded, walking side by side. A cold breeze swiftly brushed against them. Eren looked up at the subtle orange colour of the sky as the sun had begun to set.

Mikasa let out a satisfied sigh as she stretched her arms and looked up at the slowly changing sky. "Today was so fun! Thanks for this Eren." Mikasa grinned at the brunett.

"No problem," Eren said returning the grin, "I figured we needed it after all the things we've been through."

"Yeah... it's nice to have a break every once in awhile..." Mikasa trailed.

"Yup! A nice outing equals a good day!" Eren grinned. The two finally arrived home and Eren unlocked the door. They walked into the house, locking it behind them.

Mikasa sat down the couch and turned on the TV. "You wanna watch a movie?" Mikasa asked.

"Sure! What do you want for dinner by the way?" Eren asked from the kitchen.

"How about we get takeaway?" Mikasa suggested.

"Oki, I'll head out later and get food, is pizza fine?" Eren asked taking a seat beside Mikasa as she went on Netflix in search of a good movie.

"Yeah!" Mikasa smiled finally picking a movie.

About an hour into the movie Eren got up and put on a dark green hoodie. "Alright, I'll be right back, don't you dare answer the door! I'll also be taking the keys with me." Eren said as he slipped on his shoes.

"Yes sir!" Mikasa smiled watching the brunet wave goodbye and leave.

__________________

Eren walked down the street towards a pizza store near Mikasa's house. He let an exhale, a puff of air visible to his eyes came out. "It's Winter already?" He asked himself. It's been some time since I first met Mikasa... five months? Maybe six? I dunno. He thought and pulled out his phone to see a message from Jean.

Jean:
Yo Eren
Were you out on a date with Mikasa today?

Eren:
Yeh-
WAIT NO!!!
IT WASN'T A DATE FKDNG

Jean:
Lol you guys literally looked like a couple
Also chill I was just jk

Eren:
Fuck you!
Seriously why is everyone assuming that we're a couple today!?

Jean:
??

Eren:
A waiter assumed we were together, a kid and you!!
Dnorgeknmdkfn

Jean:
Oh idk
Maybe cuz you two literally look like a couple

Eren:
I can feel sarcasm leaking out of that

Jean:
Nope
I'm being serious

Eren:
You're all so weird
She doesn't even like me!
Hell I don't like her either!

Jean:
Sure, sure
Keep telling yourself that
Anyways, later!

SEEN 7:37 PM

Eren glared at Jean's last text and stomped into the pizza store looking at the various pizza toppings and sides. He let out a sigh and approached the counter.

"One pepperoni pizza, six chicken pieces with gravy, please. Oh and take away." Eren said to the lady at the counter as he pulled out his wallet and paid.

After some time the pizza's were ready and were put into a bag. Eren said his thanks and grabbed the bag. He walked out of the store and started his way back.

His thoughts drifted towards his texting conversation with Jean and began to wonder. Why do people assume that we're a couple? I mean... I don't see why they would... He thought looking up at the sky.

His enjoyable moments with Mikasa flashed into his mind and he looked down. Now that I think about it... being with her isn't so bad. He thought and suddenly he realized what he had just thought.

Dark red tainted his cheeks and he let out a chuckle. Well whatever... I still don't really understand but I guess being her bodyguard isn't so bad after all. He thought and turned right.

Eren pulled out the keys to the house and looked up to see the door wide open. His eyes widened and he rushed into the house, placing the bag down at the entrance.

"Mikasa?" He asked walking into the kitchen, seeing no one. "Mikasa!! Where are you?! This isn't funny!" The brunet raised his voice walking out to the backyard.

He walked into her room, now realizing it was the first time he set foot in it. Eren noticed her bed sitting beside the wall and window, her desk on the other side, her closet in front of her bed and a drawer beside her bed.

Eren then walked down the stairs and towards the living room, finding no one again. "Mikasa where the hell did you go-??" Eren stopped just before he went to look in his room.

His green eyes landed on a note on the coffee table, he walked up to the table and picked up the paper.

Eren,
      So sad that you've let your guard down. Now we have the Ackerman. However, our boss wants something else too. Come to park when you get this, otherwise, your precious Ackerman is gone, forever.

-Impero

Something stirred in his guts and he crumpled the paper, he looked at the ground and a harsh growl escaped his mouth.

"You... bastards!"