『Chapter 12』

❝𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚊𝚗. 𝙸𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕.❞
-𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻

_____________

CHAPTER 12
Beach Time!
༺༻

"Alright! We've just about got everything... I hope..." Eren let out a sigh as he put his and Mikasa's bags into the back seats of the car. He opened the boot of the car and put in the bags that contained food and drinks which were put in a cooler filled with ice.

He walked back into the house and grabbed his phone.

"Oy, Mikasa! Hurry up, otherwise you'll be walking all the way to the beach!" Eren yelled enough for the blackett to hear and come running down the flight of stairs.

Eren's eyes widened at Mikasa's choice of clothes. She wore a white button down shirt that clearly showed her red bikini, blue short-shorts, a straw hat and sandals.

The brunett gulped and turned away scratching his head. "I'm here! Sorry I took forever I was looking for my phone." Mikasa chuckled.

Eren sighed and shook his head, smiling at the blackett. "Alright, let's get going. Your friends are waiting." He said standing beside the door.

"Yeah!" Mikasa exclaimed excitedly and skipped out of the house and towards the car. Eren closed the door and locked it behind him.

Once Eren had gotten into the car the two were off towards the ocean.

▌│█║▌║▌║

"Hey! Mikasa, over here!!" A bubbly tone called out to the blackett who slung her nag om her shoulder and waited for Eren to gather all the other things they had brought with them.

Mikasa turned her head and met her friends gazes. She turned to Eren as if to ask permission and brunett just chuckled. "Do you even have to ask? They're your friends, go." Eren grinned.

Without a second thought she exclaimed a 'thank you' and quickly embraced him before running off to embrace her friends.

Shocked, Eren stood in place. Did she just hug me? Le wut?! Eren thought. That felt weird and... eh?

Eren placed his hand against his chest to only feel it hammering against it. I'm being weird again... Eren told himself and shook his head. He grabbed their things and walked towards the place they had decided to sit at.

Upon arriving he saw his friends and Mikasa's friends just settling in the area.

"Yo!" Jean exclaimed waving to the brunett who returned the gesture with a smile as he placed their things down.

Eren released a relieved sigh upon sitting down on the matt that rested under an umbrella. "I didn't think I'd survive the end of it..." He groaned, "she was so excited to see her friends that she was late and I ended up packing everything for her..."

"Imagine being the one responsible for her!" Jean laughed and Eren punched him on the face. "Ack! What the fuck was that for!?" Jean growled glaring at the brunett.

"You try babysitting, trust me you won't survive a day!" Eren sighed defeatedly, "well whatever... let's go and have some fun, we are at the beach afterall."

"Oy!! Come on guys! Join us!" Armin exclaimed waving over to the two males, gesturing for them to join their game of beach volleyball.

"You're on Armin!!" Eren exclaimed taking off his shirt and ran towards the blonde and the rest of the group.

Mikasa watched as Eren rushed over to the blonde on the other side of the court. Although it wasn't the first time she'd seen the brunett half naked it still caught her everytime.

His build, his ten-pack which was nearly enough to make her nose bleed, his kind gaze and alluring green eyes.

"Hey Mika~" Annie hummed with a smug expression, "you look a little red there."

Sasha quickly caught on and the two of them swarmed the blackett. "W-Wha-!? I don't know what you're t-talking about!" Mikasa stuttered pushing the both of them away.

"Oh come on Mikasa! We know he's not really your "bodyguard"." Annie rolled her eyes making Mikasa sigh and shake her head.

"Annie... I think you've been spending too much time with Sasha on Wattpad..." Mikasa said.

"Hey!! What's wrong with Wattpad! It's a heaven thanks very much!" Sasha exclaimed and Ymir raised an eyebrow at the brunett.

"Kirby actually having a whole different interest other than food? That's new." She said and Christa jumped into the conversation with a big smile.

"Right!! Wattpad is amazing!" She exclaimed.

"What? Not you two my precious Christa!" Ymir whine and glared at Sasha, "you! Stay away from my girlfriend!"

Sasha just shrugged and proceeded to choose even teams for their volleyball match. "Losers have to obey the winning team for the whole day!" Sasha declared after picking the team.

"Say what!?" Reiner exclaimed.

"Welp at least we have Eren on our team, he'll make up for our one missing person!" Connie exclaimed in an optimistic manner.

"But it's a little unfair how we still have five and they have six..." Christa frowned.

"Yeah, and they have Reiner and Jean too..." Armin sighed.

"Well, we'll just do what we can then!" Bertholdt said trying to keep the other's on the positive side.

"Yeah, c'mon guys!" Eren grinned.

----

"Ahhh crap... should've known positivity wasn't gonna help us win..." Eren dramatically cried as he lay on the sand with the rest of his sulking teammates, "oh well... can't do anything about it..."

"Wow, you're quick on admitting defeat," Mikasa giggled offering her hand for the brunett to take, "good game!"

Eren looked up at the blackett and smiled sheepishly, taking her hand and stood up. "Yeah, good game." He said

The two walked towards the mat, seeking shade under the umbrella. Eren let out a sigh as he layed down on the mat. "I'm already tired..." he groaned.

"How are you tired? Aren't you supposed to be super strong and fit?" Mikasa asked taking a drink out of the cooler.

"Yeah but I've been so tired with some business and this is probably one of the only days I've hung out with friends since the time at the shops..." Eren explained turning his head to look at Mikasa, "wish I had more chances but I gotta keep my guard up, y'know?"

"Then would like to hang out with us more? We can go somewhere next weekend!" Mikasa suggested with a big smile on her face.

Eren stared at Mikasa in slight awe, a light shade of pink tainted his cheeks and he couldn't help but grin. "That'd be great, Mikasa!" He said.

"Great! I'll tell the other's now... go get me some food!" Mikasa giggled.

"Eh..." Eren sighed and shrugged, "well you are in the winning team."

Eren got up and walked towards the cooking station with Connie and Christa. Mikasa watched as the three prepared their food, cooking the chicken and sausages. A small smile crept up on her face and she sighed.