『Chapter 11』

❝𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐.❞
-𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗲𝗹 𝗝. 𝗙𝗼𝘅

_________________

CHAPTER 11
Solved
༺༻

"Of course, Mikasa." Aaron spoke smiling nervously as Mikasa sat down on the chair next to his. Aaron took a sip of his coffee and thought of a way to start his first, real conversation with Mikasa after a long time.

"Um..."

The both of them stopped upon hearing one another speak at the same time. Aaron smiled to himself and looked at Mikasa with gentle eyes.

"You go first Mikasa," he said looking down at his cup of coffee then back at Mikasa, "I suppose it's time I hear what you have to say."

Mikasa's eyes widened at her father's sudden response and a small smile tugged at the corner of her lip. She looked down at her hands after searching her mind for the right words.

"Dad... you never once spoke to me ever since mom died from that illness. You alwys shut yourself in your office and worked or drank, whenever you needed me you never came yourself, you got our maids or butlers to do it..." Mikasa began.

Aaron looked down at his relfection in his cup of coffee. "Whenever I told you things you never gave me an answer... you just ignored me... but now you say you've changed?" Mikasa asked.

"Eren was the one who convinced me to talk to you, so you better be grateful to him." Mikasa added.

"I see..." Aaron said and let out a sigh, "when your mother died... it had quiet a big impact on me, although, I guess I can say the same for you..."

The older male frowned and looked at Mikasa straight in the eyes, "I had no right to treat you the way I did... I guess I didn't know how to interact with you without your mother around..." a halfhearted chuckle escaped his lips, "some father I am..."

Mikasa sighed and stood up, "don't think things will be repaired in seconds..." Mikasa said, "go say your thanks dad."

Aaron smiled as he watched Mikasa walk off towards the living room. Just like your mother. Aaron thought. Suddenly his thoughts were cut off when the door to Eren's room finally opened.

"Alright, sounds like you guys have fixed yoursleves up," Eren smiled a little and turned to Aaron, "sorry again about earlier sir."

Aaron shook his head and returned the smile, "no it's quiet alright and thank you for convincing my daughter to talk to me once again." He said with a smile.

"Just keep in mind sir: treasure those who are closest to you, especially your family. They're the only people who are there for you every step of the way. You learn from them as you grow and you share your knowledge as you watch them grow." Eren stated and walked towards the living room.

Reiner and Bertholdt approached Aaron who seemed a little startled by Eren's words. "Sir, we'll escort you home. However, we just had a word with our boss and we'll be keeping you under surveilance for awhile." Reiner explained.

Aaron nodded and followed the two towards the door, but before he did so he walked towards the living room seeing Mikasa hugging a pillow with Eren beside her.

"I'll see you around, Mikasa. Take care." He said and walked off.

Mikasa buried her face into the pillow and Eren patted her on the head. "Told you people change." He smiled.