『Chapter 22』

❝𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔-- 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.❞
-𝗝𝗶𝗺 𝗥𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘆
__________

CHAPTER 22
Final Fight (pt. 2)
༺༻

"It's futile to even try... brother." Eren spoke softly, yet his voice was cold, and his green eyes laced with emotions of anger and moroseness. He raised his gun at Zeke who just laughed and glared at Eren.

"And here I was fooling myself that you would be different... that you would understand me." Zeke said and sighed. He reached into his pocket and took out a dagger, he unsheathed it and faced Eren.

Zeke ran towards Eren and quickly dove to the side as the brunette opened fire at Zeke. The older man then ran up towards Eren, his knife barely missing the brunettes face. Eren did a back handspring and kicked the knife out of Zeke's hand.

The blonde growled and ran towards Eren, his leg raised and kicked the gun out of Eren's hand. He then kneed Eren on the stomach before punching Eren's face and kicking him away.

Eren coughed out blood as he kneeled on the ground, clutching his stomach.

Zeke then ran towards Eren, grabbing the gun on the ground in the process. Zeke pointed the gun at Eren who abruptly stood up and hit Zeke's arm making him miss, Zeke swung his arm away from Eren, escaping his grip and aimed at the brunette once more.

Eren grabbed Zeke's wrist and raised his arm, once again making Zeke miss. He then kneed him on the stomach and twisted his arm. Zeke grunted and stomped on Eren's foot before elbowing him on the stomach and face.

The shorter male stumbled back, clutching his bleeding nose.

Eren jumped back and picked up his knife, running towards Zeke who, as well ran towards him. Eren threw the knife at the blonde who easily dodged it, Eren then dropped to the ground much to Zeke's surprise.

He looked down and received a kick to the face, Eren's heel then connected with Zeke's side. Zeke fell to the ground and Eren slammed his foot down on Zeke's chest.

Blood escaped from Zeke's mouth as he felt his ribs being crushed from the force that had hit them.

Eren jumped back and coughed.

"It's over... Zeke..." he spoke, "just go quietly and you won't have to force my hand."

Zeke coughed and wheezed, he chuckled and looked up at the ceiling of the warehouse. "Just end it..." he said and turned to look at Eren who was barely able to stand. "There's nothing more for me... so why keep me alive?"

Eren looked down at the ground clutching his side.

"Is it because I'm your brother? Because I'm your only family left!?" Zeke coughed as he rolled onto his stomach and slowly stood up. "Face reality Eren!! You know this is the only answer!"

Zeke limped towards Eren and grabbed the gun that was on the floor. He grabbed Eren's hand and pointed the gun at himself. "Kill me! I know you want to! This was your mission, am I correct? Finish it!!" Zeke yelled.

"Y-You psycho...!" Eren growled and Zeke laughed.

Eren dropped the gun and pulled his hand away from Zeke's grasp.

"You had your chance..." Zeke took a deep breath and looked at Eren straight in the eyes, "I gave you a chance... you really are a fool! Just like your mother, and our father!!"

"What-!?"

Zeke pulled out a detonator from his pocket and pressed the button, the immediate sound of beeping filled the warehouse and Zeke slowly unbuttoned his shirt to reveal a vest and under the vest was a bomb.

Eren's eyes widened as the numbers quickly decreased.

"Fuck!!"

Zeke let out a maniacal laugh as he watched Eren make a run for it. The brunettes' wounds slowed him down and panic slowly filled his mind. "I really did give you a chance Eren!" Zeke yelled as he picked up the gun once again.

He pointed the gun and fired.

Eren let out a cry of pain as he fell to his knees, pain surging throughout his body. He clutched the side of his stomach where the bullet had pierced him. He coughed out blood and got up once more, he breathed heavily, and his vision blurred.

No... not here... I can't die here!! Eren grunted as he pushed his legs further and further. I have... t-to... keep going... I can't die here... I want... to go back... back to her...

A sudden light went off and a gust of wind blew.

~

Erwin looked at the now quiet battlefield, the police had arrived apprehending the Impero members that were alive and took away the ones that were long dead. The paramedics tended to the injured Diavolo members and Mikasa.

"Oy, where did the brat go?" Levi asked approaching Jean and the others.

"We don't know sir..." Connie answered looking down at the ground.

"He went in pursuit of the leader of the Impero, sir. But I'm not sure which way he had gone. I lost sight of him..." Franz answered with a frown.

"Tch..." Levi let out.

Suddenly an explosion appeared, and all eyes were on the cloud of smoke that had slowly formed in the sky. Jeans eyes widened and he jumped off the edge of the ambulance van, he ignored the cries of the paramedic that was tending to his wounds and raced off, Connie shortly following him.

"It's in a warehouse nearby! Go right! Then right and a left!" Armin ordered as he looked at the screen on his tablet, one of his drones that was barely working flew through the air.

Connie and Jean did as what Armin had told them.

The two then arrived at the warehouse to find it in pieces, flames engulfed it and its structure slowly broke down.

"What the fuck... happened here...?" Jean let out.

"Jean... what's that over there?" Connie asked pointing towards the flames. The two approached the pile of wood and debris, their eyes widened and mouths agape.

"Oh shit! Connie quick! Go get the paramedics!!" Jean yelled.

"Already on it! They'll be there in less than two minutes! Just get Eren out of there!!" Armin ordered.

"R-Right!" Connie said and quickly helped Jean remove the steel beam, wood pieces and rubble off of the brunette.

After doing all the heavy work, Jean turned Eren so that he laid on his back and pressed his ear against his chest. He focused and suddenly he heard it, it calmed his nerves. It was a single, yet faint heartbeat.

"This damn monster..." Jean smiled a little.

The paramedics raced to Eren's side and quickly transferred him, Jean and Connie followed. They watched as Eren was put into the van and quickly taken to the nearest hospital.

Mikasa quickly ran to Jean and tugged at his sleeve, "take me to him!" She ordered. Jean nodded and he quickly got into the car.

"Hold it! You're in no condition to drive, let me." Erwin cut in.

The ash-brown haired teen nodded, and he got into the vehicle with Mikasa. "Wait! Take me with you!!" Armin yelled as he got into the car. Erwin nodded and drove off after the ambulance.

Please be safe Eren... Mikasa thought as she looked out the sky, in hopes that the brunette would make it.