『Chapter 17』

❝𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐.❞
-𝗚𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲 𝗦. 𝗣𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗻
____________________

CHAPTER 17
Almost Time
༺༻

A couple of weeks passed since Mikasa was captured by the Impero. Her friends were in distraught and wouldn't stop nagging Eren about her disappearance.

Of course he handled it like a professional, but inwardly screamed about how annoying they were.

Other than continuously discussing things with his team, he often found himself spending time pit in the backyard at night. Sometimes feeling the feeling of loneliness and hope that a certain black haired teen would walk out and join him, as they had done so many times.

Eren released a sigh as he entered his bedroom and dried his hair with a towel. He walked up to his closet and put on black jeans, he took out a duffel bag and pulled out all the gear it contained.

He put on a belt containing smoke bombs, throwing knives and gadgets that Armin had given him. Once he had done so he put on a plain black shirt, a bulletproof vest and a dark green hoodie.

Attaching a scabbard to his best he put a knife inside the scabbard and put on two gun holsters, attaching pistols to them. Finally he put on his combat boots, shoving combat knives into the back.

"Yo Eren, you ready?"

Eren grabbed his earpiece and put it on, "yeah, let's head out." He answered finally leaving his room to join his team outside the house.

▌│█║▌║▌║

Mikasa's eyes slowly opened to reveal the all too familiar dark and cold, almost lifeless room. She sat up and looked outside the barred window and let out a lonesome sigh. Eren... she thought to herself. For the past couple of weeks she had been interrogated and locked up in a bedroom.

It made her cringe, it reminded her of the fairy tales she used to read with her parents before going to bed. She walked up to the door and attempted to turn the door knob, however it wouldn't budge. Her tightly clenched fists connected with the door but not a single dent was made.

"Still no luck..." she whispered to herself and fell to her knees.

Suddenly there was the sound of a key being inserted and the door swung open. Mikasa stood up hastily and met her visitor. Her eyes glared at Reiner and Bertholdt who followed after him.

"You guys?" Mikasa asked.

"Yeah, its us," Reiner smiled and handed her a tray of food, "our boss would like to see you after you finish eating."

Mikasa stared at the food and bit the bottom of her lip, she took the food. "Oh and you might want to hurry up, our boss is quiet impatient at the moment." Bertholdt added ad Reiner took his leave.

"Why did you guys betray Eren?" Mikasa asked.

Bertholdt stopped and looked down. He took a deep breath and proceeded to leave the room and lock the door. Mikasa frowned and slowly started eating the food that was given to her.

"Disgusting..." she whispered to herself, "his cooking was better than this."

▌│█║▌║▌║

Eren got out of his car and looked at his surroundings. "Alright, let's start phase one, Armin?" Eren asked as he put up his hoodie and swiftly climbed up the tree and started jumping on each tree branch.

"Yeah, Jean and the others are already there. I've surveyed the area with a drone and there aren't any other entrances other than the front door," Armin explained, "all window's are barred."

"Tch... luckily I came up with a plan B." Eren muttered to himself and Armin chuckled. Eren motioned his hands for the group to regroup with him. Not long after he sent the signal, they arrived and he faced them. "I assume you know our problem?"

Everyone nodded in response.

"We'll move on with plan B-" Eren and everyone nodded and Eren put his finger against his ear piece, "I apologize Armin..."

"Wait... what are you apologizing to me for-!?" Armin let out a yelp as he was taken out of his hiding spot that was not too far from the group.

Armin sat on the ground and let out a sigh, suddenly clothes and a wig was placed on the ground in front of him. The blonde blinked and looked at the selection of clothes.

"No... no... fuck..." Armin said.

"Yes, yes and we're very sorry for not telling you about our plan B..." Connie stated with a hint of moroseness in his tone.

"Fuck you guys!" Armin yelled as Jean hoisted the struggling blonde over his shoulder while Eren carried the clothes for Armin and took them over behind a bush.

After some time and a few moments of hearing Armin screaming and Eren and Jean laughing the three came back with a very traumatized Armin in a red dress with a wig on his head.

"I fucking hate you guys so much... I hope you guys get bad luck for the rest of your lives... I hope Satan comes into your homes and kill you at night..." Armin started muttering.

"Oh come on Armin, it won't be so bad!" Eren smiled, trying to contain his laughter.

"Fuck you all..." Armin glared at the group.

Suddenly there were rustles in the bushes and Eren smiled, he stood up and the three people finally stumbled out of the bushes and towards him.

"Glad you guys could make it." Eren smiled leaving his team in slight confusion as they turned their heads to meet the three people.

"Wha-!?" Jean exclaimed and stood up, "Thomas!? Franz!? Marco!?"

"Yo, Jean." Marco grinned.

"What the heck are you guys doing here?!" Connie exclaimed.

"Eren called us a couple of weeks ago, telling us about the plan. He told us and we got here about four days ago." Marco explained.

"Yeah, we were surprised but we agreed since we do owe Eren." Franz smiled and Eren grinned.

After settling down the group then took another look at the mansion before finally they looked at one another then at Armin. "Armin... we really are so very sorry... do it for content- I mean... for Mikasa!" Connie said trying to hide his phone in his pocket.

"Yo... send me the vid later." Jean whispered.

"I hope you all die..." Armin growled and stumbled out of the bushes with a bottle in his hand.

We will remember your valiant sacrifice Armin! Everyone thought, trying to not laugh while Connie caught Armin in a dress and wig on video.