『Chapter 21』

❝𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗. 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚛.❞
-𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻
_____________

CHAPTER 21
Final Fight (pt. 1)
༺༻

A muffled screamed escaped Mikasa's mouth as she felt a weight push her off and she soared down towards the ground. Suddenly voices drew closer and closer to her, and fear completely overwhelmed her.

"Coming through!" Reiner grinned knocking out the two guys that held Eren down.

"You guys need more help?" Bertholdt asked knocking out a guard that was near Jean and shot down the guard that was on Armin.

"Wha-?!" Jean let out as he stood up and glared at the two. "What the fuck are you traitors doing here?!" Jean growled.

"Questions later, saving now!" A monotonous voice ordered.

"Huh? Captain Levi!?" Jean let out, just confusion on his face. No other emotion, just confusion, the situation was too much for his small brain that a headache was beginning to form.

Eren grinned and quickly got up.

Mikasa let out another muffled scream, confused and scared in the tone of the muffled scream.

Then, strong arms grabbed her, and her body was engulfed in warmth that was all too familiar to her. The bag over her head was removed from her head and her grey eyes met Eren's green eyes that was laced with various emotions, relief being the one that stood out like a sore thumb.

"E-Eren?" Mikasa stuttered.

"Hey! Sorry for being late?" Eren laughed and hid behind a container. He untied the cloth that covered her mouth and cut the zip-ties that tied her wrists and ankles together.

"E-Eren... you... I-" Mikasa let out but then just let out and embraced the brunette, the feeling of safeness calming her.

"It's ok... I have you now," Eren said reassuringly and smiled, "I'll be back alright? I'm gonna settle this with my so-called brother."

Mikasa nodded and Franz and Thomas quickly ran to Mikasa's side. "Keep her safe." Eren ordered as he reloaded his ammo and ran off to join the fight.

"Take them down!!" Erwin commanded as more of their men charged towards the Impero taking them down one by one.

Eren scouted the battlefield and in less than a second his eyes spotted Zeke being protected by a total of four men as they had fled the chaos. What a coward! Eren thought and quickly ran off. Eren unsheathed his combat knife and slashed at the men that had gotten in his way.

"Get back here you coward!" Eren roared as Zeke had slowly disappeared from his view.

"I am no coward little brother! I am a businessman merely doing business!!" Zeke laughed and disappeared as he turned a corner with his bodyguards.

Eren quickly ran and turned, however seeing no one.

"Fuck..." Eren cursed to himself and looked around, suddenly he heard of feet running. He looked up and spotted Zeke running into a warehouse, the brunette quickly took off after the blonde.

Eren rushed into the warehouse and looked around, peering around crates, and hiding behind them in case of an ambush. Eren's green eyes scanned his surroundings and he calmed himself, his senses slightly sharpening at his burst of concentration.

He turned a corner and felt a chill run down his spine, his legs carried him back and behind a crate. A gunshot echoed throughout the warehouse and the sound of the bullet hitting the ground where Eren would have been rung in the brunette's ears.