Chapter 10

"I don't want to exist in this world anymore. What's the point of it all if all of your efforts amount to nothing? I just don't understand any of it, I don't understand anything!" Nagisa gripped his sweater, his facial expression clearly showed how he was struggling with his suicidal thoughts that swam in his head. Like a parasite that stuck to him and wouldn't go away, it was eating him from the inside out.

The young man didn't have the capacity in his heart anymore to hold his feelings in, and so it flooded out. Nagisa just wanted someone who would listen, and that someone was (Y/N). "Deep down, I don't want to kill myself. I know that, I just want the pain to stop, that's all. Is that so much to ask? I want it all to stop, I want to breathe. Death seems like the only escape."

Both of them began to cry, sobs escaped his lips while the therapist could only look at him with sympathy. The pages on her clipboard were collecting her tears, absorbing them into her notes and pen ink.

This was their third session together and (Y/N) managed to get Nagisa to talk about his life, his problems, what was behind his suicidal thoughts. She didn't expect to break down from his story, how he was abused verbally and physically by his aunt and uncle who had taken in Nagisa and his brother ever since their parents have abandoned them at the age of 12.

Nagisa's brother was never around to see the abuse and was thrown into the workplace to help pay the bills. He even had to drop out of high school to get a second, then a third job to finally move out. It wasn't until they left their aunt and uncle's house that Nagisa finally let his pent-up feelings explode and exposed his aunt and uncle. His brother found out and they both tried to press charges against them for the many years of abuse and negligence Nagisa faced, but it was futile. He described how it felt like his heart shattered into pieces when he was told that the case wasn't 'serious enough' to be taken to court. He felt belittled, betrayed. That's when his suicidal thoughts kicked in.

(Y/N) slowly took his hands in hers, feeling them tremble as he recalled his horrible life. Slowly but surely, she wrapped her arms around him and felt him go limp in her embrace, his wailing and tears soaked up in her shirt.

A part of Nagisa liked her hug and tears. It showed she was truly listening to him, trying her best to put herself in his shoes, like he had someone to finally lean on. Maybe the therapy sessions weren't so bad, (Y/N) wasn't so bad at her job either. She was growing, learning with every session and client.

The tears weren't going away anytime soon, but at the moment he made a decision, the decision that he would live for just one more day.

One more day...

~~~~~

Getting slapped in the face by a heavy oak door was not what she had planned today. The purple-haired lady didn't even apologize or acknowledge the fact that she hurt (Y/N)- or maybe she didn't see her at all as she left the mansion aggressively. (Y/N) was massaging her bruised nose, relieved that she didn't hear a crack or snap as Shiro, dressed in only a dark blue robe and black boxers, ran out the door chasing the lady and stopping at the end of the marble stairs.

"Rosaria come back, please! I don't know him I swear!" He yelled, cussing quietly as the lady sped away in her car.

Finally noticing the therapist, dazed and glued to the ground behind the door, he crouched down and helped her up. "Jesus Christ! What happened to you?"

"Rosaria happened to me." She groaned, hoping that her face didn't bruise.

Shiro pieced together what might have happened and winced. "Yeah, sorry about that. Damn woman." He sighed. "Come on, let's get you inside. I'll get you some ice."