Chapter 4

Shiro

~~~

She left the house with a smile, the image of her clients' relieved yet satisfied smile still lingering in her mind. Owen, the 14-year-old boy was treated and free from anxiety with their final session today. He showed no signs of anxiety and seemed much happier and healthier than when she first met him.

Checking her schedule, she had her next appointment in 30 minutes, and since she was on the other side of town, she would arrive at the house at the scheduled time if she left now.

The car ride was smooth, with little traffic and no inconveniences. She stood before the gates once more and rubbed her arms, still feeling puny in front of the extravagant property, yet managed to compose herself. As she pressed the button her feelings had washed away.

"It's almost 1:00 PM. That must mean this person is (Y/N), our little therapist." Today, Shiro's voice answered instead of Akio.

"Hey, Shiro! Think you can let me in?"

Shiro pouted, and she could easily picture the male enjoying himself as he continued to tease her. "I don't know... I should ask Akio unless I want my butt kicked."

Rolling her eyes she smiled at his playful mood and listened to his giggles as the gate opened. She walked on the concrete path, admiring the lush garden once again. It was one of those things she would never get over, no matter how many times she's seen it.

She raised her fist to knock, though dropped it as the door opened on its own, revealing Shiro with a smirk. "(Y/N)! I missed you darling!"

The accented greeting made her chuckle, then she stepped inside. Judging by Shiro's warmth and playfulness she instantly knew he opened up to her, which gave her the great opportunity to start a healthy friendship with Shiro.

"Hm? Where's Akio?" She asked, looking around.

Shiro crossed his arms and leaned against the door. "He's upstairs, trying to get Itsuki to come out of his room-" a loud bang, followed by a rattle echoed from deep inside the house, making Shiro sigh deeply.

He looked at (Y/N)'s confused and worried expression. "Akio thought that it would be best for Riku to stay during the whole session, so he... how do I put this? Ah, whatever. He handcuffed Riku to the fireplace. Come, I'll take you there." Surprised, she followed shyly behind the male and entered the same room as yesterday, still looking as pristine and luxurious as the day before.

All looked well except for Riku, who was glaring at the two of them with fire and rage as he sat on the floor. "Shiro, if you don't take these damn things off within the next millisecond, I will destroy everyone and everything in this damn house then burn it to the ground."

The said male stepped back and raised his hands. "Dude, Akio said to keep you there and not let you go, I can't help you." They both winced as Riku punched the metal screen of the fireplace, the sound ringing loudly with the clang of the handcuffs on metal.

(Y/N) turned to Shiro with a comforting smile. "I'll take it from here. And if it's not a bother, I'd like to speak with Akio later on." Shiro hesitated but took that as his cue to leave, glancing between the therapist and the raging man before sighing and nodding, leaving them alone.

She tensed up and waddled over to Riku, who hit the fireplace again, the sound causing her ears to ring slightly. With one hand outstretched she sat on her knees. "Let's start over, shall we?"

Riku looked at her with a disgusted expression. He shook his hands to show that he was still restrained. She dropped her hand and looked around, searching for keys before Riku jerked his head to a designed bowl that sat on top of the fireplace.

She stood on her tiptoes, gazing inside and picking the keys out. Sadly, there were at least a dozen keys, and she worked her way on trying each one, the male watching her as his annoyance grew with every key tried.

The cuffs clicked before they fell onto the floor, Riku turning his back towards her as he massaged his wrists. "Okay, now we can start over." She held her hand out once more, smiling gently at the male.

"...how do you know I won't leave like last time? And why'd you release me?" She shrugged and pushed up her sleeves.

"First of all, I have a gut feeling that you won't. Second of all, I thought having you handcuffed to the fireplace was a bit... much. Anyway, I'm glad that we can talk on equal footing this time. Let's get to know each other now, okay?" Riku grunted and slouched against the wall, twirling the handcuffs on his finger.

(Y/N) didn't want to know where the handcuffs came from, nor how they got them. A realization that money can buy almost everything hovered in her mind.

"Let's skip the damn intros. Just get on with whatever you're supposed to do, and make it quick." She hesitated before nodding and opened her satchel, digging it through and pulling out an unsolved rubrics cube, then handed it to Riku.

"This is a rubrics cube. The goal of this object is to colour code on each side. I tried solving it last night and didn't make it very far, but it did help me with the stress I had. So, I figured it would help you. Give it a try!" He inspected it before twisting it, his attention solely on the cube.

He was halfway there before he stood up and walked out, stopping at the entrance when the therapist called out his name. "Where-where are you going? I still wanted to talk..."

Riku growled and shoved the colourful cube in his jacket pocket. "I don't wanna stay here any longer. You can leave. Akio or someone else can pay you-" he pulled out the cube and threw it in the air before catching it, "and I'm keeping this. I'll tell Akio to pay you extra or something."

He left the room, leaving (Y/N) on the floor alone. She frowned and closed her bag, shrugging it over her shoulder before she hugged her knees and waited for Shiro or Akio to come and get her. Her temptation to explore the house was immense, but she kept her manners and stayed put.

Several minutes passed by when Akio appeared in the entrance, his blond locks messy with tired blue eyes. (Y/N) stood up, worried about him before he smiled and waved a hand. "Don't worry about me. Itsuki's just a handful sometimes. Anyways, how'd it go..." he trailed off when he saw the handcuffs lying on the floor.

She followed his eyes and exclaimed, "Oh! Well, I thought the restraints were a bit... extreme. So I-I took them off and talked to him for a bit. I gave him a rubrics cube to help with his anger, and now he seems a little better than last time." Akio nodded and sat in a chair, thinking quietly.

It was silent before she spoke up. "Akio, I wanted to speak with you about a few things." He looked up and gestured for her to continue. "First, I'd ask you to not restrain any of your... brothers?"

Akio chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "The four of us are all simply friends, not related in any way." She nodded at the confirmation then continued.

"Yes, please refrain from restraining anyone, as that can cause a lot of stress and anxiety, and may make their conditions worse. I know you had good intentions; you just want the best for them but this isn't the way to go on with it." Akio nodded, listening to her every word carefully.

"And, if it's okay with all of you, I'd like to rearrange the sessions. It's a bit hard for me to give you all treatment at the same time, so I thought it would be best to book one person per session, as there might be some things that you or the others wouldn't like to say in front of everyone and would like to say it privately to me." Akio nodded again slowly before standing up, (Y/N) mirroring his actions.

"That's fine! Thanks for thinking that far for us, it truly means a lot." She smiled widely, happy to get genuine appreciation from a client.

The session was over, and she tailed Akio to the front door. "Thank you for your effort today, (Y/N). I had quite a learning experience. I'll see you tomorrow!"

She looked over her shoulder with a smile, "goodbye!"