Chapter 3

Edit: Changed Riku's appearance.

Riku

~~~

Her (E/C) eyes flickered back to the piece of paper in her hand, and to the address printed in what seemed like real gold on a white and grey marble pillar. The house was bigger than anything she ever imagined, with two large griffin statues past the gate and placed before the stairs, as if guarding the mansion. A water fountain centred on the perfectly trimmed lawn, a variety of extravagant flowers lining the iron fence that surrounded the premises.

She gulped and gripped the bars, wondering if this is really where her clients lived, and began wondering if one of the numbers was wrong. She scanned the gate, wondering how to get in before she looked to her side and caught sight of a button, a round speaker built into the marble pillar. She pressed it, waiting for something to happen until she heard a sort of static.

"Hello?" Her eyes widened, and she stammered over her next words as she spoke back.

"Hello, I'm-I'm from the ITO. I've been requested for home therapy sessions." The other end of the radio was silent before she heard the voice again.

"Oh my! Is that today? Ah, please excuse my manners. Come on in!" A buzz was heard, then the iron gates were being pulled from the sides mechanically, allowing the therapist to enter the property. She walked along the concrete pathway, admiring the well kept garden. The marble stairs were polished to perfection to the point she could clearly stare back at her reflection.

The oak doors loomed over her, their golden rings bigger than her head as she took one in hand and thumped it against the wood. Several seconds passed before a male pulled the door open. To say he was handsome was an understatement, and he smiled brightly when he saw the female standing there nervously, her bag clutched tightly to her chest.

"Hey! You must be the therapist, right? Please, come in!" She smiled shyly at his bright nature and stepped inside, the house just as big and fancy as the outside.

"Your-your house is amazing..." She said, her eyes lingering on the two stair cases that curved to the second level. It looked just like a palace.

"Aha, thank you! My names Akio, would you like some tea? Coffee? Water? Anything to drink?"

"No-no thank you. My name's (Y/N)." He smiled again and led her through the corridor and opened one of the many doors to an over-the-top seating room with plushy white cushions, decorated with blue pillows that looked like they were crafted from feathers of exotic birds. Two others were there, one calmly watching the tv across from him that sat above a fireplace, while the other angrily walking over to Akio, roughly grabbing him by the collar and completely ignoring (Y/N).

"What the hell is this bullshit?! What did you do this time, Akio?!" Akio remained calm as if this was normal behaviour, and sadly it probably was. The aggressive males eyes are what caught the therapists attention, they were different colors yet made him look unique, one a beautiful blue and the other red, dyed purple hair hung around his face which flowed over his eyes softly, his ears and collarbone decorated with glistening piercings.

"Calm down Riku, we talked about this. Please take a breath-" he gazed over the room and sighed, "and try to get Itsuki here. We have someone here today that's going to help us," the man named Riku glared down at (Y/N) who just barely managed to smile.

Riku turned his attention back to Akio and huffed, shoving him away and stuffing his hands in his pockets before mumbling under his breath. Akio smoothed his shirt down before turning back to the female, who watched with wide eyes.

"Sorry about that! Riku has, as you may know, anger issues. Please, have a seat!" The female nodded her head in thanks and sat down, sinking comfortably in the white chair, the male sitting across from her in a love seat.

"You know, you're not what I expected at all..." She turned her head to the sound of the new voice; a male with luscious grey hair and dazzling blue eyes behind a pair of glasses that eyed her down with curiosity.

She chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck. "Yeah, I guess it's expected. Usually people expect someone with red glasses and pearls."

The male smirked, crossing a leg over the other. "You're cute." His smirk grew when she blushed, shifting in her seat. "The names Shiro. It's a pleasure to meet you...?" He trailed off, waiting for her response.

"(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N) is my name. It's nice to meet you too, Shiro!" His name reminded her of his information on the file: drug therapy. He seemed like a very sophisticated man, not one who would turn to those kind of substances.

She snapped out of her thoughts when the sound of footsteps entered the room, the purple haired male once again returning. Akio sighed and followed Riku with his eyes as he sat down. "...goddammit don't look at me like that! Itsuki won't come down because I told him someone's here. What the fuck do you want me to do?!"

Akio sighed again and nodded. "Riku, watch your language. That cannot be helped, I'll have to bring him down here myself next time, or find another way. Now, let's get started shall we?" He looked at the female, who tensed and nodded, pulling out her clipboard and pen.

Her mind went into a frenzy as she reviewed her 6 years of college in an instant, nervousness creeping up on her as it all became a blur. "I-I'd like to get to know you all to make you guys feel comfortable enough to talk to me for further sessions, so first I'm going to introduce myself, then you guys can introduce yourselves to me. Sounds good?" She received nods from two of them. Riku just snorted and turned his head away.

"My name is (Y/N), I am 24 years old and work for the ITO. I love animals, games, food, friends, and rainy days. I have an older sister and my favorite colour is (F/C)!" She gazed at Akio and nodded, signaling to him that it was his turn.

"I am Akio, 27 years old. I enjoy cooking and reading, and I am fluent in Latin."

"That's quite interesting Akio! Shiro, what about you?" The said male pushed his glasses up, and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"I'm Shiro. I like photography and working out. I also like going out and exploring nature whenever I get the chance... that's pretty much it." He looked over at the female and smirked when he saw her content with his introduction. All three pairs of eyes landed on the last person; Riku.

The purple haired male looked up, scowling when he realized it was his turn. Sighing, he slouched further down his chair and avoided everyone's eyes. "I'm Riku. And I hate everything. Can I leave now?"

(Y/N) frowned. "Surely there must be something you like. Everyone has something that they enjoy. What about-" Riku interrupted the female by striking a fist in the arm of his chair, startling her.

"Shut the hell up! It hasn't even been an hour and I'm done with your positivity; it makes me sick." He shook his head, stranding up. "I'm done. I'm leaving." Before exiting the room, he glared at Akio, "stop signing me up for this bullshit. Do it again and I'll break your damn neck, got it?" Akio only sighed as he left the room.

"I'm so sorry Ms. (Y/N). Please forgive him, he's always like that."

"It alright, no need to apologize. It must be hard for him anyways, speaking to a stranger he just met a few minutes ago. I'm sure he just needs some time. Also, (Y/N) is just fine."

Akio nodded and repeated her name.

The session went on fairly well, as they talked about their interests and laughed a bit, the two males easily getting comfortable in (Y/N)'s good nature. She was kind and spoke softly, genuinely innocent and sweet. It's rare to come across someone like (Y/N).

By the end of the session, Akio and Shiro felt like they had a weight lifted off their shoulders, like they had someone they could finally share their burdens with. Some sort of string of connection wrapped itself around her finger. (Y/N) hoped that she could become even better friends with them all in the future.

Shiro handed her an envelope that contained the money for today's session. A nod of thanks and a goodbye and she was on her way. Akio leaned against the doorway, arms crossed.

"Maybe... just maybe..."