Chapter 12

"What... are you talking about?"

It seemed too good to be true, but it was reality. She smiled back and nodded, soothing his feelings of disbelief and shock though he was still skeptical and wanted to make sure she wasn't pulling his leg. He knew it wasn't something she would do, but just in case...

"I've tried my best to put myself in your shoes, but I still won't ever understand the pain and misery you experienced back at your aunt and uncle's house. So of course, that left one option for me; to get justice knocking right at your door." Nagisa still seemed unconvinced, so she elaborated further. "Your childhood was robbed from you. It's impossible to get back what was lost, but I can still give you relief and avenge your childhood self."

The blue-haired male fiddled with his fingers, nervous and unsure of what to do after hearing of this opportunity. "So... all I have to do is say 'yes', and we'll go to court with them?"

Another nod. "It's as simple as that. And with the lawyer that the ITO is providing for us, you have an incredibly high chance of winning! All it takes is your approval."

Nagisa bit his lip; there was much to consider. Is this what he wanted deep down? After all of those years of negligence, physical and mental abuse, and suffering that the couple inflicted on him- would he take revenge on them? Send them into prison for decades- possibly for the rest of his life?

"If you'd like, you can take some time to think about this, so once you've made a decision-"

He cut her off. "There's no need for that. I know what I want to do." Her (e/c) eyes stuck to his golden ones like glue.

"And what would that be?"

"I'll take the offer. I'm pretty sure this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I think my brother would like this as well." This was his decision.

Nagisa thought about countless scenarios similar to this one and dreamt of the outcome. He was always ready to face them and throw them in jail if he ever got the chance. This was it, but why was he still so unsure? Maybe the Nagisa that accepted the offer was the daydreaming one, but he couldn't be sure. For now, he'd just have to wait it out.

"I think that wraps this up for today. Is there anything else you want to talk about before I go?" He considered the question for a moment.

"Well, yes. I can change my decision- right?" It worried him that he might not be able to cancel this decision.

(Y/N) nodded. "Of course you can! Here, take this- it has my phone number on it. If you need anything, anything at all or more questions, text or call me at any time. See ya!"

A small pit of guilt dropped in his stomach. Who was he to doubt her words and intention? He wanted to say sorry, but she wouldn't understand what he was talking about. (Y/N) was doing more for him than anyone else ever did in his life- he appreciated that.

The piece of paper was wrinkled, but the warmth from her hand was still there. With an unconscious smile, he input the number into his phone.

One small feeling of happiness.

~~~~~