6- Choices

RIVER—

I had heard Princess Lacy talking about it, much to Prince Edon's horror. I had heard Cain and Riece discussing it, and I had even once walked in on Prince Lhiam and Prince Edon stuck together in the middle of their bed, their bodies covered in sweat, the smell of cum heavy in the air. I had shut the door silently behind me, and they had never known I was there, but I hadn't missed the way Prince Edon was wrapped so completely around Prince Lhiam's body, his groin tight to Prince Lhiam's ass. I knew immediately what I was seeing, and I had been achingly titillated.

I had thought about it for weeks, and dreamed about it for longer, imagining what it would feel like, how it would ache and burn but feel so full, so right, so whole. I'd thought about it more than was strictly healthy, to be perfectly honest. But nothing could have prepared me for three orgasms in a row. Twice while Griffin pounded into me, holding me down against the bed, forcing my body to submit to his, though I was more than willing. And once more as I begged and whimpered and went absolutely insane on his knot. It had managed to lodge itself right against my prostate, and no matter what I did, no matter how still I was, the waves of pleasure still tore up my spine, pooling in my gut, and overtook me until I was gasping and begging for mercy.

Griffin's words soothed me, but after my third orgasm, I gasped and sobbed, praying I didn't come again, unable to endure another orgasm, fearing it as much as I feared him pulling away from me again. As much as I feared having to wake in the morning and start the trek home, where I'd spend the rest of my life without the man I knew I'd love and miss forever.

I must have fallen to sleep or passed out at some point, because I woke surrounded by warmth. I was tucked under two quilts, and the saddle blanket we'd had sex on was still beneath me, but was accompanied by a second saddle blanket. Likely to cover the wet spots we'd undoubtedly left on the pilfered blanket. The hearth was set alight with a roaring fire, and Griffin was crouched in front of it, his naked ass flexing as he turned a rabbit over the fire. I smelled the meat, my growling stomach making Griffin turn to stare me down.

"Good morning," he rasped, his voice sounding hoarse, unused, as if he hadn't spoken in years. Or as if he'd been screaming.

I flinched as I sat up, my ass aching and wet. I felt a trickle of Griffin's cum drip from my hole, and my embarrassment had me leaping up from the bed, startling Griffin. He stared up at me, concern in his eyes, as I moved to the door. I guessed he'd figured out what was wrong, because he didn't accost me as I relieved myself outside the cabin, then waddled back in, still naked as sin and blushing furiously.

My legs were still sore, but only a dull, steady ache and not the fire and weakness they'd been the day before. A glance at the sky told me it was early evening, the sun an hour or so from setting, though I had no idea what that meant in terms of how long I had slept. It had been just around noon when Griffin had torn me from my home, and we'd travelled nearly a full day, so it had to have been at least two days since then, though I knew it was more like three or maybe four days since.

Griffin said nothing to me as I moved back to the bed, curled under the covers, and turned my back on him. Though I'd poured my heart out to him as he fucked me, he'd said nothing in return. He'd not told me that he cared about me, even if I wasn't his mate. He'd said nothing about me staying with him, even just until he found the fated mate all wild mages craved. He'd said nothing to me except for his greeting when I woke.

My tears were frustrated, annoyed, but mostly heartbroken. Gods, when would I be able to stop crying for this man?

"Do you always wear things like that?" Griffin asked me, the heat in his words making me turn and stare at him, his hands clutching at the jail cell bars. Discovering I was his mate just the other day was one thing, hearing him talk to me as if he wanted to devour every inch of me was quite another.