four

The ride to the game was filled with terrible jokes and way too much testosterone. I felt their eyes on me as I silently sat in the passenger seat, laughing every once in a while so they didn't think I was nervous.

I absolutely was, but I didn't need them knowing that.

Mom always taught me to hit harder, walk faster, climb higher and speak louder than all of the men because they always look for weakness. They like to pick apart everything women do to make themselves feel superior and she doesn't like that. Therefore, I act like her.

Weakness. That's something I'll never let anyone see. That's exactly why I had to do it.

I climb out of the car as soon as we park and make my way through the empty school building, trying to find the room that my teacher told me to go to. He asked me to get the camera and take as many good photos as possible and I stupidly agreed, not even knowing how to work a camera.

I finally get the camera and begin to make my way out of the school and towards the loud cheering, signalling that the game has started, when I hear someone call my name. I turn around and don't see anyone, the situation sending shivers down my spine.

I exit the school and finally get out to the field, stepping onto the sideline and snapping a few photos.

The opposing team's coach calls a time out, giving me a chance to look around for someone that I know. I don't even see Ashton and the guys anywhere, causing me to grow irritated and bored.

I make eye contact with Calum, quickly looking away. I look through the photos that I've taken to seem busy, realizing that in most of them he's looking at me.

The one that stands out to me is one where he's pointing at me, a grin plastered on his face before scoring a point for the team.

Eventually, the game begins again and I get ready to snap more photos when I suddenly feel a cold liquid get poured onto my head. It runs down my back and my front as I rip the camera away from my body, scared that the liquid will get on it. I spin around to look at the culprit, realizing that it's the same guy who warned Calum that I'll turn him into a frog.

"What's your problem, witch? You're not going to cast a spell on me, are you?" He laughs as the people around us begin to laugh as well.

I should've killed him. That would've put an end to all of this and there would be no questions. I should've showed him what he was looking for all along.

Ashton, Luke and Michael run up behind him and pull him away from me, Ashton stepping in front of him.

"Why would you do that? Is your head filled with rocks, dickhead?" Ashton angrily yells, taking me by surprise. He looks around at everyone and raises his voice. "What's so interesting?! Watch the game!"

Ashton deserved better. He always made sure everyone was okay even if he had to hurt himself in the process.

He turns his attention back to the guy as he answers. "I was just trying to see if she would melt like all of the other witches. It was just a joke, Irwin. No need to get defensive."

Ashton turns around and looks at me and I realize that no one is cheering, everyone is looking at the scene that I'm a part of. "Does her face make you think it's a joke to her?! Come on Brady, tell me!"

He shoves Brady again, causing Luke and Michael to intervene as Luke whispers something. Ashton eventually backs away, letting go of Brady and holding his hands up.

"You're lucky I'm not a piece of shit like you and your burnout friends." Ashton hisses, fixing his hair.

"You're one to talk about being a burnout." Brady laughs, gaining small chuckles from his friends. "Your dad must be a great role model."