Grim Echos

Riddick

It's been a day and a half since they captured Ares and they still didn't leave. I'm guessing they still want their ship back and their intended bounty. I wonder what torture tactics Johns is putting her through right now. I need to think of a plan to get her out of their grasp. I spent the rest of the day coming up short in planning. I've scouted their base and realized that they have called for backup, unfortunately, it's a lot of them. If it were just me then it would've been fine but, since I have no condition Ares is in. I have no clue why I even care. Well, I have some ideas. She cared for her, she cared for the one I failed. I need to come up with something fast, I'm running out of time.

Ares

They stopped interrogating me for the time being. I was blindfolded and muzzled again. I'm assuming they placed me in a cage again, but I don't care. I'm glad that Riddick escaped and is far away from here. The interrogation brought back some really bad memories. You could say that most of my childhood has been nothing but bad but that night on that ship messed me up forever. I was weak that night and I swore never to feel like that again. Unfortunately, my mind cannot stop focusing on that memory and I can't do anything about it, makes me feel weak. It's funny how I used to kill the men who used my friends for their pleasure and a man, who I could've fought off, used me for his pleasure. I have no clue why I froze, I will have to live with that for the rest of my life. Hopefully, I don't have to wait too long. I am pathetic for thinking like this. My thoughts were interrupted by someone opening the cage gate. They took a couple of steps and I heard the gate shut. I could hear the people breathing, calm and quiet but also light. They removed my blindfold from my eyes and took off the muzzle. It was Dahl. She had that stupid look of pity on her face.

"Don't look at me like that," I muttered.

She stared at me for a second. It was like she was thinking of something to say. I sighed.

"Just ask your questions, it doesn't matter anymore," I said.

"Why didn't you tell Johns about it?" she asked.

I scoffed.

"He would've understood why you killed his crew member," she said.

That statement pissed me off.

"You believe that? I mean come on, he couldn't believe that the monster did that to me. Besides they all thought I was a stupid kid that was up to no good; All they fucking wanted was their money. He didn't care." I said.

She looked like she wanted to say more but instead just brought in food for me.

"You should eat," she said.

She left the room. I looked at the food and I realized that I was hungry. I couldn't hold back my tears any longer, so I sat in that cage silently crying while eating. So pathetic.

Riddick

While staying hidden, I have been watching everything that moves down at that merc station. I made Tarian stay at the ship before she runs off. More mercs have arrived and the base's perimeter has doubled security. Even with the extra mercs they are less secure during the day rather. I have no choice but to retrieve her during the day. I still don't know where she is kept and if she even is alive at this point though. If she is alive she needs to hold on just a bit more.

Ares

After I ate I started pacing around the cage, my mind was everywhere. I hate being in a fucking cage, I'd rather kill myself than be trapped. I like my freedom and the freedom I have to make my own choices. I was also very thirsty.