Unexpected

Riddick

I woke up to muffled voices filling the area around me. My eyes stayed closed. I can feel a heat source in front of me. Where am I? I try to move but soon realized that I was in restraints and then everything became silent. There was a shift in the heat source and instead of seeing black, I saw a maroon color. I opened my eyes and was greeted by a blinding light. I shut my eyes and I heard footsteps coming closer to where I was. Whoever it was pulled up a chair in front of me and I felt the heat of the light shift away from my face and I opened my eyes once again. Johns was sitting in front of me, grinning like the asshole he is.

"Now that your up, you need to answer some questions," he said.

I looked around the room and saw the remainder of his team standing around me. The kid was praying as usual and Dahl was right behind Johns. I didn't know the rest but one of them looked like he was about to shit himself.

"First question. Where is the ship?" Johns asked.

"I have no clue." I answered.

He looked down and sighed. "Wrong answer." he said as he shined the light back in my eyes.

I shut my eyes in pain. It stung for a while before I opened my eyes again. Where's Arrow? Did she leave? I pulled on my restraints only to be hit with an object. I could already tell there's no way out of here, there is too many of them and only one of me. I'm screwed.

Ares

Tarian and I sat at the edge of the camp overlooking the base. I counted how many mercs I can see inside. Tarian can lead some outside while I try to take on the rest. I put on my hood and mask and we creep our way towards the base. As I got to the building I signaled Tarian to go by their other ship. I put on my goggles then climbed up the side of the station to a broken window. Tarian waited for me to give the signal to cause a diversion and as I gave it she started making a lot of noise. I see from down below that some of the mercs went outside, three stayed back. I slowly made my way down to the level where Riddick was. I silently took out one of the mercs that was hiding in the shadows. I saw that Johns was torturing Riddick with a bright light. Maybe if I shut off the power he will be able to escape. Riddick looked at me and smirked. Here comes the fun part.

Riddick

There was a loud crash from outside. Most of the mercs left but three stayed.

"We know you befriended another animal. When we find him, we will kill him. If you tell us where the ship is though, we will spare his life." Johns said.

"What happened Johns? I thought we were friends?" I smirked.

"That was an exception, and right now there is an extremely high bounty on your head right now." Johns said.

"Why don't you just leave then? What's so important about that ship?" I asked.

"Yes, we could leave but I want my ship back. I also want the bounty. Now, where is my ship?" He said.

Something moving in the shadows caught my attention. Johns got upset and turned his back towards me and he started talking to the remaining merc. I look back to the spot and I saw her. I smirked and she pointed at the light and took off her goggles indicating it might get a little dark in here soon. Then she disappeared. Johns turned back to me.

"Why are you smirking?" he asked.

"I hope you're not afraid of the dark." I said.

Ares

I pulled the power switch quietly walked back to where Riddick was.

"Go see what happened to the power." Johns yelled at the other merc.

Riddick tried to get out of the restraints, but Johns held on to him. I went behind Johns. Riddick saw this and he kicked Johns back into me and I held on to him while Riddick gets out of the restraints. When he finally got out Johns punched me in the face. I was stunned for a little, but I punched him back knocking him out.

"That's one hell of a punch." Riddick said.

The power came back on and all the mercs were coming back. Riddick and I made our way to the same window I came in and we started running. I whistled to Tarian so she can go back to the base. As we were running shots were being fired. I turned back to see the female merc shooting at us. Riddick is in front of me and a bullet flew past his head.

"Keep running." I said.

Another shot rang by and we duck. Then I feel a stinging sensation on my right arm. I feel something in the back of my arm and as I took it out I realized it was a tranquilizer dart. I started tripping and then I eventually fell. I got behind a big rock. Riddick started coming back for me.

"Keep going. Just make sure Tarian is safe." I said.

He hesitated to leave.

"Just go." I yelled.

He turned and started running again dodging bullets that kept flying by. I'm not going to give up this easy. I got up and started to stumble away. This  I was hit by something more painful. It shocked me and I fell to the ground yet again. I pulled myself up and I braced my back against a near by rock. It was starting to get difficult to breathe. I look up to where the hill is and I see Riddick. He nods at me and then disappears into the dark. At least he made it. I then hear footsteps walking towards me. I don't look up, but I see a flashlight coming my way. Whoever it was kneeled in front. I couldn't see who it was because they shined the flashlight in my eyes. It was bright and I brought my hand up to cover it. They pushed my hand down and then pulled off my hood and mask. I hear the click of the flashlight and the bright light is gone. I look at the person and I realize that it is Johns. He stood up. I didn't look up, but I could feel his eyes on me.

"Ares." he said.

I can't see it but I know he's smiling. I start to lose consciousness. I can feel myself being dragged away. I can't stay awake anymore, maybe I'll close my eyes for a few seconds.