Trapped

I pace around the fire Riddick had made for us. I'm starting to get worried that they might actually succeed.

"Calm down I have an idea." Riddick piped in.

"Yeah? What is your idea?" I said as I sat down.

"We can steal a radio and communicate with Johns." he stated.

"Then what? Get ourselves caught? They can track their equipment." I remarked.

"Not unless we take out the tracker. After we do that I can distract Johns and his team while you steal a ship and then pick me up." he explained.

That's actually not a bad idea.

"Alright then, how are we going to steal a radio?" I questioned.

"By the time the sun reaches the horizon is usually when they have less security because that is supper time." he answered while grinning.

I understood where he was going with that. The sun is almost at the horizon, we hurry up and get to a position where they can't see us. We see one lone guard passing by. I sneak behind him and knock him out. Riddick grabs the talkie and we run for the town. When we arrive to the town we disable the tracker and go to base. We look towards the mercenary station to see panic and mercs running. They must've found his body.

"You ready?" Riddick asked.

I nodded my head in response. The talkie makes a noise as he pushes the buttons.

"Who's there?" we heard Johns' angry voice come through.

"You know who it is." Riddick replied.

"Riddick, stop playing games. You and I both know that we got you trapped." he says.

"That is why I am contacting you. I want to make a deal."

"No deals." Johns said.

"But Johns, this is a deal you can't decline." Riddick smiled.

"What kind of deal is it?" he hesitated to ask.

"Can't talk to you about it now. Meet me at the market in the village when the sun is directly in the middle of the sky." Riddick explained.

"Fine, you got a deal." Johns sighed. After that Riddick smashed the radio into pieces.

"How will I retrieve the ship if there are people guarding it." I asked.

"There won't be anyone guarding it because they think that it is only me. They know I'll be there and I know he will have backup." he responded.

I nodded my head and I went to bed. Riddick had first shift tonight. I tossed and turned in the makeshift bed but something was bugging me.

"Riddick?" I caught his attention.

"If I get caught and you manage to escape, do not rescue me." I told him.

"Why?" he questioned.

"What use do I have after I kill the necromonger I'm hunting." I replied.

He was quiet. That was a sign for me to continue.

"If I get caught I want you to kill a certain necromonger. His name is Vaako. Don't ask why, it's a long story." I admitted.

He had a perplexed look on his face. He looked like he wanted to say something but he nodded his head instead. I then drifted off to sleep. In the morning, we set up to leave. We put the node on Tarian and she tagged along with me.

"After you get the ship signal me." he stated.

"I'll send Tarian on that mountain. The ship will be located two or three miles away from town heading east." I commented.

He looked down at the village. It was almost time and he saw Johns and his team filing into the market.

"Go now" He commanded.

I nod and hop on Tarian's back. We were there in five minutes. I scoped out the place to see if there were any mercs. I was quite shocked when there were none. I went into the base and grabbed the node off of Tarian's back and put it on a ship. I then sent Tarian to go on the mountain as I navigate the ship to go to the drop off spot. After I did that I watched the meeting happen. Tarian joined me. Riddick was talking to Johns. I could see two snipers trained on him. I can't hear what they are saying but it looks like Johns is upset.

Riddick

I looked at the mountain to see the cat. That was the signal that she had received the ship. I made my way down to the market. I see Johns and he seems to recognize me. We stop at a bakery. There was a table and two chairs in front. I can feel Dahl's sniper on me. We take a seat. The baker comes to ask us what we want but we send him away. Johns talks first.

"I have two questions for you. One, why are you late? Two, what is this deal?"

"I'm not late." I replied bluntly.

"Yeah you were." He stated.

"The deal is I can give you the node and I'll turn myself in to you if you let me do something first." I offered.

Johns laughed. "Really that was your deal? What are you gonna do first?"

"Yes and that, I cannot tell you." I answered.

His face turned serious.

"Let me ask you again, and don't bullshit me on this, why were you late?" he asked.

He suspects something.

"I didn't realize the time. I don't go looking at the sun all of the time." I remarked.

He got closer.

"What were you doing ?" he questioned through clenched teeth.

I think this is the time where I start running. I grabbed some nearby flour, throw it in his face and start to run. As I got up a sniper shot grazed my arm. I dodged the market stands and made sharp turns. The villagers started to help out by making a blockade. I hid behind one of the stands. I peeked the corner and I saw the kid, Luna, walking towards here. As soon as he got close I dashed away and he almost tasered me. The villagers pointed me in different directions and alleyways. They led me to a meat shop. Where animals crowded the room. There was another merc. He had a device that can detect heat. I hid in between the sheep. Unfortunately they all ran after he fired a single bullet in the air. He then aimed the gun at me and took a shot but missed because one of the cows pushed him over. I took that as a chance to run out. I was losing cover. I made a right turn and found myself in the middle of the town. I then heard the sniper go off and a stinging sensation in my left arm. I fell to the ground. As I started to recover, Johns came out of nowhere. He kicked me in the head and everything went black.

Ares

Tarian and I watched as Riddick got captured. We watched as they brought him back to their base. I also happened to see Johns lose his shit after finding out one of the ships were missing. A smile formed on my face. They have no clue. Tarian and I made camp a few miles away from their base. I need to think of a plan but what I know for sure is that I'm going to get Riddick.