The Hunters and the Prey

Riddick and I stood at the edge of the cliff. I took off my goggles and squinted my eyes.

"I can see them piling out of two ships, looks like there are about eight of them." I explained.

Then two more came out. It was Johns and some lady.

"Scratch that, there's ten of them." I corrected myself.

They start setting up their equipment while we continue to make supplies. Tarian is behaving for the most part but at any moment that could change. She had gotten bigger like almost the size of her mom. I guess their species matures quickly.

"You ready?" I asked Riddick.

"Yeah, look if-" he was interrupted by an agonizing scream.

I smirk and I looked at Riddick.

"The game has begun" I laughed.

I then took the makeshift bow and arrow and I aim for the person stuck in our trap. As I shoot I see another man about to run into another trap, but before he could've reached Riddick already hit him in the head with a throwing knife.

"Twenty points for team convict." I joked.

I look down at the base and I see the mercs run back to base. Except for Johns. He is trying to look for us. Both of us get down as we crawl back to the heart of our base.

"They are probably going to disarm the traps in daylight so we should be ready to move to the backup base." Riddick stated.

I nodded in agreement. We packed everything up and started moving it. It took most of the night to move everything. Our new base is similar but it has more trees and has a little shelter but it still has an amazing view of the merc station. As night turns to day, Riddick and I get ready. We already offed two so that leaves us with eight. We just need to kill three more. We go down to their base and see them getting ready to search. We crouch behind a rock. I peeked over to get a visual. Five of them are setting up with motorbikes. Johns walks out of the base and looks straight over to us. I duck down quickly.

"Riddick, pretend you don't see them and try to hide terribly. Johns is looking."

He peeks over the cliff we are on.

"There he is!" one of the mercs shouted.

Riddick jumped to his feet and ran. I stayed behind. I peeked over again and see them hopping on bikes and chasing after him. I waited until they were slightly out of sight and ran down to the village and I hopped on a rundown motorbike that the locals donated to us and went after them. I put on a hood and a cloth around my mouth and I chased. I grabbed the sword sheathed on my back and I sabotaged one of the bikes in the back and made a hard left and into the village. They all stopped and looked back at their group member. His head was severed. I took that time when they were all distracted to get Riddick who was still running. When I caught up I saw that Johns was still dangerously behind him and getting closer with a Taser. I whistled and Tarian came running. I pointed to Riddick and she dashed off and I tailed behind. Her main focus was the giant birds in front of Riddick. She pounced on the bike which made Johns loose control and crashed. He was unconscious. When I got to Riddick he hopped on the back and I whistled again to call Tarian over. We all headed to the base.

"How many did you get?" Riddick asked.

"Just one but next time I will get the rest." I replied.

"How did Tarian know how to do that?" he questioned while starting a fire.

"Lycanians are known to tame wild animals and communicate with them." I explained.

"Can you shape shift?" he asked.