Alliances

Ares

"Let me out." my new cellmate shouted as she banged on the door of our cell.

I watched her silently in the shadows. She had chocolate brown hair tied in a ponytail. She wore the standard new prisoner uniform except the sleeves were ripped from the gray sweatshirt and the gray sweatpants were a little dirty. She also has stone-gray eyes. As she was about to bang on the door again I spoke up.

"Don't bother. It won't work."

She looked around the room until her eyes fell on my silhouette.

"How do you know?" she sassed.

"Because I have tried," I said

I jumped off from the bunk bed I was on.

 "What's your name?" I asked changing the subject.

She hesitated. "Ja-, Kyra. Yours?" she responded.

" Arrow," I say.

"How long have you been in prison?" she asked.

"Since I was five," I replied.

"How old are you now?" She questioned.

"Eleven," I answered.

"What did you do?" She asked stunned.

"I killed a couple of bad guys. You?" I said.

"I also killed people," she said.

I walked into the light that was passing through the cell window. She could get a good look at me now. She was quiet as she studied my appearance, something seemed to catch her attention the most.

"What?" I asked.

"How are your eyes that color? Also, why do you have that scar?" She asked.

"Oh, It's a long story, we better get comfortable," I said.

Both of us sat down on the bottom bunk bed.

"So, I'm a mix of Furyan and Lycanian. Lycanians can shapeshift when they mature and we have unique eye colors that reflect our strength. Mine is silver, I have no clue what that means though. I can see in the dark and due to my animal instincts, I can sense movements in the dark. When I got sent to prison, I was five and confused about how everything worked and one of the older prisoners used that to his advantage and captured me. He used me as his lab rat until I got transferred. He was an experimental doctor. Initially, he gave me different things to drink that enhanced my eyesight. Then he tried to experiment an eye surgery on me and I finally defended myself. As he was about to cut my eyelid off I attacked him. Before he went down he managed to cut me but luckily he didn't get the eye. The liquids he had given me had a side effect. Since I was in a dark cell for my entire stay the liquids made me sensitive to light but after a few major events I learned to adapt to the light." I said.

"Really? I knew a guy who had an eye shine. I was hoping to get one too." Kyra said.

"Eye shine? Like the procedure that enhances your vision?" I asked.

"Yeah but it made him sensitive to light," she said.

We were quiet for a second.

"Arrow can't be your first name." She said.

"It's not. My first name is Ares." I chuckled.

She laughed.

"So, if they are not going to let me out anytime soon, what do we do around here? Do we work or just lay around?" she asked.