Escape

The next day I went to the lunch room and sat down with Switch. I sat there as he read his book. I was anxious and he could tell. He sighed and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Kyra's gone. She got transferred." I said.

He perked up when I said that.

"What? I thought she was gonna stay here, why did they transfer her?" he asked.

"I have no clue, I need to find out," I said.

"What do you mean by that?" he questioned.

"I need a favor," I said.

"Don't even think about it," he said.

"I need to escape," I said.

"You are set to be released in 3 years, wait it out," he said.

"I can't, she's out there alone and not to be abrasive but she has no idea how to survive out there. She may think she does but she's not," I said.

"The answer is no Ares. I will not have you ruin your life," he said.

I started to tear up and Switch looked concerned. Even though I'm young, he has never seen me cry.

"Please switch, she's like a sister to me. I failed before, I cannot fail again. I need to protect her. I said as tears fell.

He looked at me for a good minute. He knows now why this means a lot to me.

"Fine, I'll help you get out of here," he said.

I smiled.

"You have to promise to visit me, I'll be out of here hopefully in two years." He smiled.

"Promise" I laughed.

"Good. So now we need to set up a couple of things before you can break out of here. First, I need you to do me a couple of favors. I need you to sneak into the control room and steal a Tablet. Then erase all of the security footage, so they won't find out I helped you. Lastly, head back here and I'll tell you the rest. Now go pack up your things and head to the control room." he said.

I nodded.

"Start heading there in 10 minutes," he said.

When I got to my cell I took the pillowcase from my bed and started to fill it up with the important stuff, things from my past, and some letters. By the time I finished packing up the last thing it was time to make a move. I hid my pillowcase behind an open door near the cafeteria. I made my way to the control room. There were no guards on post in front of the control room. I guess it's lunchtime for them. I picked the lock of the door and I snuck in. From what I can smell there are about one or two guards in here. Also smells like food in here. I hid behind some technical devices and I had a clear view of the control room. There was only one guard and he was watching cameras. Since he was distracted I snuck up behind him and knocked him out. I used his handcuffs and his tie as restraints and mouth gag. I started to delete all of the footage from the last two months. Then I grabbed a bunch of prisoner files and shredded them. I made sure mine, Switch's, Cyrus', and Russo's files were in there. I grabbed the tablet and a charger and made my way to the cafeteria.

"Hey, Arrow!" Cyrus greeted.

"So I heard you are leaving us" Russo stated.

"Unfortunately you, are correct," I said.

"I guess this is goodbye. Be safe Ares" Russo chuckled.

"I'll miss you, kid." Cyrus cried a little.