The Bloodhound Caught The Fox

Ares

My head is killing me, all I hear is a painful ringing sound. I am sitting on something cold, I feel that my hands are behind me in chains and that I have some type of mouth covering, maybe a muzzle, and I'm blindfolded. There is light chatter in the room between the girl merc and Johns. I hear other voices, but I know that those are just in my head. My head clears and the pain subsides, I can hear what they are talking about clearly.

"One more thing, did you call them?" Johns said.

"Yeah, they should be here any minute." the sniper said.

"Good, get her ready for transport." Johns said.

I heard footsteps but they stopped when the female merc started talking.

"With all due respect Boss, are we just gonna give up capturing Riddick and what about the ship?"

"Unfortunately we have to give up. If we don't, then we are losing more than we are gaining. Besides she's worth more and Riddick was right, I could just buy another ship." he said.

There was more rustle and I hear something like a metal door unlock and close. Am I in a cage? Then I feel someone grab my chains and they adjusted them to the front. They didn't even check if I was awake. I took my chains and wrapped it around the person's neck. They struggled to get out of my grip but I held onto them tight. I could hear footsteps rushing to where we were and I backed up until I found a wall, I needed to make sure they weren't going to attack me from behind. The person that I was holding hostage was terrified, I could tell by the way they are breathing, it was shaky. It was silent for a bit until another pair of footsteps walked into the room.

"I can see that you are awake and alert. Luna, be calm." He said.

He was talking to the person I had, there was a hint of certainty in his voice.

"Let Luna go and no further harm will come to you." he said.

He was trying to negotiate, but I wasn't going to give in that easily. I tightened my grip and I heard Johns sigh.

"Ares, you have the disadvantage here. For starters you are chained, blindfolded and muzzled. You are also surrounded by mercenaries that want their pay, which is you." he said.

He is right, it is not looking pretty for me but I had to try. He needs to make the first move.

"Ares, if you don't comply I will make you." He said.

I can sense his anger building up and I can pinpoint his location by listening. Footsteps came forward and he opened the door. As soon as he grabs me I kick him in the gut while keeping my hold on Luna. He goes to punch me but I can feel where it was coming from and I dodged it. When he was recovering from that punch I kicked him to the ground. His breathing is heavy and aggressive, that means he's pissed and I can't help but smirk.

"You little bitch." he said.

There was more shuffling and it became quiet. I realized that he might've taken off his shoes. I listen for his breathing now but it was too late. I heard his breathe at the last second and he grabbed Luna away from my grip. I heard the mercs get ready to shoot me. I put my hands up so I didn't get shot. I was waiting for someone to grab me but all I heard was the cage door closing. I waited in silence until somebody punched me in the stomach and I kneeled over in pain. That was not fair and by the gasps in the room I could tell that the other mercs thought so as well.

"Boss, she surrendered." the female merc said.

I was still kneeling and I heard him shift down to my level.