Chapter Five - Blonde Peter Pan

I think this is how husbands feel when their wives kick them out of the house. Rubbing at my raw ankles, I stared at the arch, not knowing what else to do. The day seemed so surreal, just like a dream.

"Astra!" Jason shouted as ran towards me. I watched as he ran through the gate with ease, jealously stabbing at my heart. "Percy went to get you new clothes, and Nico went to get that box of supplies. You feeling alright? Need any ambrosia or nectar?"

"I'll be fine," I give a faint smile as I get up to my feet. The chitter of crickets and hooting of owls worried me; where would I be able to go now? Shoving my hands as I contemplated into my worn down jeans pockets, I felt a cold, metal object against my fingers. Pulling it out, my eyes landed on the hair clip.

"What's that?" Jason leaned over, looking at the item.

"I don't know. I found it in the weapons box earlier, but I wasn't sure what harm a small hair clip could do," I fumbled with the object.

"Why don't you, uh, un-clip it?" Jason asked, "Sorry, I don't know the technical term for wearing stuff like that. Like how Percy uncaps his pen, maybe the hair clip does something when you... Un-clip it."

"Nice idea," I laughed as I 'un-clipped' the item. In the blink of an eye, I was already holding a silver bow (no, not a bow you tie, an archery bow), ready to launch an arrow. "Woah," I twisted the bow back and forth, getting a good look at it.

"That's pretty cool," Jason agreed, "If a bag of arrows were magically supplied alongside it."

"True," I frowned. Without an arrow, the bow would be pretty useless. "Maybe that's it comes in a pair, although I only grabbed one of them."

Suddenly, the ground rippled, and it tore apart. Nico sprang out from the dirt, holding the box of weapons in hand. As I stared in awe, Jason frowned by Nico's epic appearance. "Can't you just normally walk through the gate?" Jason asked.

"You look like a blonde Peter Pan when you fly," Nico countered.

"Stop fighting," I rebuked as I swiped the box from Nico's hands, "Do all half-bloods fight like this on a daily basis? Cause I'm already getting a headache."

"Usually it happens with sword fighting," Jason shrugged.

Rummaging through the piles of weapons, I finally stumbled upon the other clip. "Got it!" I pulled it out, and un-clipped (it's such a humorous word) it. A quiver full of arrows, silver tipped and gleaming in the moonlight, fell, and I grabbed the strap, slinging it over my shoulder.

"Interesting," Nico said as I nocked an arrow, "It sort of reminds me of the Hunters of Artemis."

"You have a point," Jason agreed.

"Hunters of Artemis?" I asked, "Are they daughters of Artemis too?"

"First of all, we're not sure if you are the daughter of Artemis, or if there are any in general," Jason said, which kind of upset me, "Second, no, they're not. They are followers of Artemis who follow her ways; vowing to never fall in love with a man."

"Huh," I frowned, completely ignoring the rest of Jason's words, "How do you work this thing?"

Jason sighed and nearly did a face palm, when a female's voice shouted his name, "Jason! Where are you?"

"Over here!" His eyes lighted up as he quickly replied, waving his hand. A girl, possibly about my age, jogged our way with a pile of clothes in her hand. Her brown, choppy and uneven hair blew back in the night breeze, as she approached us.

"Geez, that Percy waking me up in the middle of the night," She grumbled, "Too wimpy to go get the clothes from the woman section in the shop. And probably too scared to wake up a sleeping Annabeth."