Chapter Ten - I am Disney Obsessed

I completely forgot that I was wearing armor. So as the tail clanged against my chest, I quickly kicked Nico out of the way. Spinning around as on the tip of my toe as fast as I possibly could, I leaned over, and placed an arrow in between the monster's eyes. Beads of sweat dotted against my bangs which clung to my face. A hazy breath slipped out past my lips from exhaustion, and I could feel the poison start to take effect. Dr. Thorn's eyes crinkled as he smiled, and with a low growl, I pressed the arrow deeper into his forehead, but not enough to draw blood.

"Even though I don't want to admit it... H-How'd you get so strong?" Percy coughed. He and Annabeth stood up with the help of Piper, with a bit of blood trickling from their foreheads into their eyes.

Dr. Thorn had the nerve to let out an evil chuckle, and he morphed back into a human being. "As Kronos' followers regrouped, we have gained some... Powerful allies. Ones that can strengthen any beast," His beady pupils pierced straight into mine, "Which is great in an effect to conquer Mount Olympus once more."

"Perhaps just like how the Chthonian was enhanced?" Jason wheezed as he emerged from broken tree. Dusting off the boss, he limped over, popping a square of ambrosia from his pocket into his mouth.

"I won't say a word," The manticore snarled.

But you've already said quite a bit, I thought to myself. I pulled back tightly on the string, "I'll let the arrow fly if you don't give us any information."

He spat at my face, and I held back the urge to wipe the germs off my face, "Not a chance. I must go report to Lord Kronos about this situation." With a loud screech, he immediately melted into a tiny winged creature (I presumed it was a bat, but it looked more like a small, hairless cat with wings), and attempted to take flight.

"Hurry Astra!" Nico shouted, "Shoot him down!"

Attempting to stay calm as my arms started to shake from tiredness, I kept my eye on the bat, and let go. The arrow whistled through the air. But as the poison streamed through my veins, I immediately felt weaker, and missed by a bit. The bat disappeared into the night right before the sharp end struck its mark. "By Zeus' thunderbolt, what in the world was that?" Jason winced as his wounds began to recover. Sharp cracks could be heard from his healing rib cage, and his girlfriend flinched at his pained expressions.

"Kronos' forces must be stronger than ever. Maybe the war with Gaea gave them enough time to regroup and strengthen themselves," Annabeth frowned, and scratching at the dried blood on her face.

"But since both camps are on good terms, it should be an easier fight... Right?" Piper asked uncertainly.

"You know what else worries me?" I said in serious tone. Yes, for once, I was actually paying attention. Sort of. "If the top three half-bloods, I presume since they are the children of the big three gods, were struggling with one manticore, what will the rest of us do against the rest of Kronos' lackeys?" Suddenly, a ringing sound echoed in my ears. My body slowly started to collapse, and I leaned against a tree for support and hid my pain with a smile.

We all fell silent. The misty fog slowly started to fade away, helping the rest of us regain our senses. The clouds also started to thin, giving us a gentle view of the glistening stars. My vision started to haze, and my knees began to crumple. I fell towards the ground, and Nico swiftly caught me. "Oh yeah, the poison!"

"Thanks for forgetting," I heaved sarcastically.

"You won't die, it'll just hurt a lot," Nico said as tried to shift my body into a better position.

"Great," I moaned.

"Jason, Piper, hurry to the camp," Percy ordered, "Either bring back Thalia or a son of Apollo-, wait, does Apollo have a Roman name?"