Chapter Twenty - We Find the Traitors in Lincoln's Log Cabin

I didn't enjoy being held captive twice. I was tied up next to a slightly angered Jason and a completely pissed off Piper. Even if she doesn't really like acting girly like a trait for a daughter of Aphrodite, she wasn't exactly satisfied with the extremely tight rope around her dominant fighting hand. Her dagger lay lifelessly on the ground alongside Jason's gladius. My weapons, however, remained in my hair because they would somehow magically return.

"Due to our research, we thought that your golden coin was destroyed in the battle with..." The returned lamiae hissed, "Gaea."

"Some sons of Hephaestus hooked me up," Jason grunted, "It's easier to disguise a weapon if it looks like spare change."

"Save the conversation for later," I butted in as I normally do, "Where's Lance, and what have you done with him?"

Noticing my harsh glare, the lamiae just gave a loud cackle, "Oh, that child. You mustn't worry about him, we've sent him away on a trip."

I bit my lip once more, which is a habit I do when I get nervous, "To get feasted on or sacrificed?"

"No need to panic, child," The monster licked her fangs delightfully, "All you need to know is that since this is a trap, this is obviously not Kronos' actual base. The other two will make fine dishes for dinner; lucky for Astra, she gets a free trip to meet our lovely Lord of Time."

"Astra! Why couldn't you watch the vision all the way to the end?!" Jason shouted angrily as he yanked against his bonds.

"Well, if you really have to use the restroom, even visions have limits!" I curtly replied, "Which kind of reminds me: We didn't have a bathroom break on the way up this mountain."

Lamia looked at us with an amused expression, almost as if she were watching a comedy. Her long fingernails tapped against the side of her arm as if she were thinking which one of us to eat first. I watched as a single drop of water slid down the side of a stalactite and fell into the lake.

"If you release us now, lamiae," Piper said sweetly, "We won't be too tough on you."

I lulled at the sound of her voice, suddenly feeling the need to free us all for no apparent reason. My hands twitched for a spare arrow, yet found none. Even Jason seemed to sway, but I thought that was natural since they were a couple. I have yet to learn the ways of romance.

The snake-woman's pupils dilated and slowly slithered forward, "Won't be too tough... Release..." She bent over and picked up Piper's dagger to cut us loose, which sort of startled me. How was Piper controlling her?

To answer my question, the Cyclops thundered in with panic, "Lamia, stop! The daughter of Aphrodite is charmspeaking you!"

The she-monster froze.

"Uh, no I'm not!" Piper said with a bit more force, "Mr. Arnold the Cyclops and Lamia the, um, lamiae, please free us from the ropes. Now." She clenched her fists as her kaleidoscopic eyes stared deeply into her enemies'.

Both having dazed looks, they mumbled their ways towards us and freed us. Arnold ripped apart my ropes with his bare hands and I started to consider working out. Lamia sliced away Jason's and Piper's, and Piper swiped Katropis away immediately.

The green lights above us danced as Piper continued to attempt to spellbound the monsters. "Alright, since this isn't Kronos' real base, would you tell us where it actually is?"

Lamia scoffed and shook her head wildly, "Enough with this absurdity! I am hungry, and would like to eat!" Her hands outstretched, she reached for Jason who had yet to reach his sword.