: the dolls

From the outer galaxy filled with stars and a dark blue sky, a raggedy doll with the appearance of a little girl drifts into the open window of a single musty and colorless house. 

Two hands consisting of sharp, silver needles grasp the doll from its arrival and carry it towards a dusty table. 

The skeletal right hand flicks open a flat toolbox, the sides of it filled with all sorts of rusty scissors, picks, and scapels. 

Gently, the delicate doll was set down onto the empty gap between the two sides.

From the empty side of the table, a second doll with (s/t) was placed next to the one from the window. 

The hands work carefully, flipping the clothed doll over and cutting it free of its old and worn clothing. 

Flipping it back over, the needles pulled off the doll's yarn hair, leaving only tiny stitches remaining on its head. 

Leaving the doll bald, the user of the needled hands snips the stitches sewing the doll's eyes together with their fingers. They pull the button eyes out of their sockets, once again only leaving previous stitches behind. 

With a scapel, both doll's mouths were torn open, leaving the stuffing from their insides to be tugged out and left on the table. Both figures were now just empty bags of cloth. 

Skillfully, the needle hand flips the first doll inside out, its outer skin now paler than before. 

Getting to work, the hands fill both blank dolls with sand, and their heads with stuffing. They lay both figures carefully back onto the center of the flat toolbox.

Effortlessly, the hands pull a thread through a needle. One by one, each doll's mouths are resewn shut with thread, and the needle was set to the side.

The hands take time to choose two sets of different buttons from a vast drawer. All types of buttons of shapes and colors sat silently in pairs, waiting to be used. 

The hands choose a pair of buttons with a slight red tint, and another speckled with (e/c).

The mysterious needles sew on button eyes to both figures, the red for the first, and (e/c) for the second. 

Soon enough, more and more details were intricately sewn onto both dolls. The first one now having spiky ash-blonde fabric for hair, and the second having nice (h/c) yarn for its own. 

For the blonde doll, a yellow raincoat, striped shirt with a single skull, and black ripped jeans were thoughtfully cut and sewn, creating a nifty outfit. The second doll was given a grey fuzzy sweater, some dark overalls cut into shorts, and a pair of black leggings.

The dolls were now set and complete with their accessories. 

The user of the hands carefully went over the two final projects, examining them each with care.

With a final look, the mysterious needled hands gently push both renewed dolls out the window, leaving them to float away into the starry abyss of space and sky.