Chp 3

It's funny how we grow up fearing darkness and fearing monsters that could be hiding under our beds, whereas, in reality, the monsters would be roaming around freely in the light, disguised as angels

Those 'angels' trick you to love them and believe that they would protect you no matter what while they would be the ones to break you the most. They would be the ones to break your confidence and trust. And they would be the ones who push you to build up high walls. Walls in which you could hide all you secrets within.

My alarm started beeping, snapping me out of my thoughts. I barely got two hours of sleep.

I glanced at my bandaged hand, recalling yesterday's events.

I had a small hope, that it could have been a nightmare or hallucinations, but those hopes disappeared as fast as they appeared.

It was all real. What happened yesterday was real. The word carved on my skin was real. And the new set of bruises I got were real too.

I got out of my bed and headed to the bathroom. I slipped out of my clothes and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

My eyes landed on the word carved on my skin. It made me feel disgusted and disappointed. Only if I could remove it.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth before slipping into a pair of sweat pants and an oversized hoodie.

I unlocked my room's door slowly and looked out through the hallways to make sure that Parker wasn't there. Once I did, I left my room and headed to the kitchen.

I made myself a sandwich and made one for Parker; just to avoid getting into trouble.

'Poison it. He deserves to die.'

I shrugged the thought off my mind and placed Parker's sandwich on the table before I tiptoed my way to my room.
I locked my door and sat on my bed.

Just as I was about to start eating, my phone started ringing. I sighed as I took it out of the drawer and stared at the caller's ID. Hunter. I picked up the call, deciding that I didn't want to give them a reason to worry.

"Wanna hang out?" He was practically yelling, making me pull the phone away from my ear.

"Good morning to you too," I muttered out.

"Um okay. Now wanna hang out?"

I heard another voice, a soft, feminine one. "What did she say?"