Chp 9

I sometimes wonder what had happened to the 'old me'? I was always a happy person who would keep on laughing and cracking silly jokes

Never in my whole life did I expect those laughs and smiles to turn into a fake mask. A mask that I use to hide all my tears and pain from others.

It was never that I didn't want to tell others and get all those secrets off my chest, it was just that I had always feared the way they would react.

I tried to open up to my friends and ask for their help but stopped myself from doing so. What if they hated me? What if they started to pity me and view me like a weak person?

That was obviously something I didn't want to happen. I just wanted them to view me as a normal girl. An average teenager trying to enjoy her life like everyone else. But telling them about everything Parker did would probably change the way they look at me.

The sound of shattering glass pierced through the silence, echoing through the — previously — silent house. I let my eyes close as I sighed with frustration.

It was strange though. The house was extremely quiet since I had arrived back. Neither did Parker approach me, nor did he even look at me. I would've been grateful for that if the silence didn't make me freak out.

I left my bed and headed towards the door. A sigh left my lips as I reached for the doorknob and twisted it open. The hallways were empty, no trace of Parker evident through them.

I had a feeling that I was going to regret whatever I was planning to do but chose to ignore it. I tiptoed my way towards the stairs and headed downstairs.

'You'll regret this.'

Muffled voices echoed through the silence, forcing my steps to halt to a stop. I leaned against the wall, my breaths rapid, yet quiet. And my hand covering my mouth in an attempt to prevent myself from letting out any sound that could possibly alert Parker of my presence.

"She doesn't fucking know," he whisper yelled before pausing for a few seconds.

"What the fuck do you mean by saying they're back?"

His voice was a lot louder, pure anger and frustration lacing each and every word he said. Sound of shattering glass rang through the air — for what seemed like the hundredth time — causing fear and panic to grow within my chest.

Deciding that I didn't want to get myself into any sort of trouble, I turned around and decided to go back to my room. One sentence, however, caught my attention, resulting in thousands of questions to swirl through my mind.