Chp 8

We always tend to get attached to people

We always tend to get attached to people. And the more we get attached to them, the more difficult it becomes to imagine our lives without them, let alone actually losing them.

Having my brother by my side was my strength. I had always thought that I was the strongest person with him by my side.

But one day was enough to crash my world. One moment was enough for my world to collide. It felt like my battle came to an end. Not a bright one though.

My world seemed so dark without my brother. He wasn't there to protect me, but that wasn't what hurt. I just wanted to see him smile for one more time. Or see his eyes light up with amusement because of my failed attempts to glare at him.

The past nine months without him were like hell. Parker's abuse only made them worse.

I thought about ending it all, but I had once promised him. I had promised him to stay alive. And I had promised him to fulfil my dreams. But it was difficult.

Whenever Parker beats me up, I wish to have Nathan by my side. It might be selfish of me, but I needed him.

I needed him to save me like he did that day. I needed him to stop Parker the way he did that day. And I needed him to comfort me the way he did that day.

TW: the flashback mentions an attempt of $exu@l assault. You can skip if you'd feel uncomfortable reading it.

I closed my eyes and slid against the door, trying to process the news I just heard

She had three months to live, but three weeks were enough to kill her.

A sob escaped my lips before I burst out into tears. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them with all the strength I had.

I felt like I was being selfish. This world was too cruel for a good person like momma. She was suffering and going through lots of pain, and by dying, she was probably in peace.

I remembered all the nights I saw her crying and the nights I saw her throwing up.

I watched everything quietly — every fucking time. I wanted to help her. I wanted to run and hug her tightly. I just wanted to tell her that it would all be fine, but I couldn't.