Chp 5

We grow up being taught that we should trust people, but we never get taught that some people don't deserve our trust

We grow up being taught that we should trust people, but we never get taught that some people don't deserve our trust. We all end up trusting a wrong person and get hurt once they break their promises or hurt us.

Whether it was a person who left without a previous warning or a person who told us that they'll love us and take care of us while they were the ones who made us lose everything.

I had always wondered about the way Parker succeeded in tricking my ten years old self into believing that he would never hurt me and that he would be a like a father figure to me.

Father? That sounded like a foreign term to me. My own biological father left my mum for some reason before I was born while the person whom I thought would be like a father turned out to be one of the monsters that had mastered the role of an angel.

I stared longingly at the portrait I just finished. His portrait. I stared at his hazel eyes and the small smile I managed to portray in such a messed up painting.

It brought a small smile to my face. A small smile that turned into silent tears.

He promised that he would always be there for me and that he would always protect me, but he didn't. He left like everyone else did.

I didn't blame him though, I never did. Because he did nothing wrong. It was all my fault. I was the one who had high expectations even after promising myself that I never would.

"Aurora." I heard Parker call in the distance.

I sighed with frustration, rubbing my face with my hands before leaving my room and heading downstairs.

"Yes?" I asked nervously once my eyes met his.

'Did I do anything wrong?'

'Yes, I did. I prepared his breakfast and didn't poison it. I should've poisoned it.'

"My friend will come in one hour, and he hates little sluts like you."

'Calm down Aurora. Calm down. At least he's not beating you up.'

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked as his lips lifted into a smirk.

"Leave the house and don't come back until seven in the evening."

"Okay," I muttered as I turned around, planning to go to my room and change my clothes.

I froze in my place once I felt an arm tighten around my wrist.

"Don't wear something that would reveal the piece of art I left on your skin," said Parker.

I closed my eyes shut to stop the memories from rushing through my mind and the tears from rolling down my cheeks, and I luckily succeeded.