Chapter 1- The Mission

The mission was dangerous. Both Bucky and Sam were well aware of this, but they knew what they had to do.
"You ready?" Bucky asked.
"Why, are you not?" Sam answered, a smile tugging the edge of his mouth.
Bucky simply rolled his eyes and recapped the plan, he was too stressed about the mission to think of a comeback. He didn't want this to go wrong, he couldn't let anyone get hurt especially not by him. He couldn't deal with that, not again.

Some Hydra agents came into view in large vehicles, and Bucky and Sam both raced off, Sam flying overhead.
"You want a lift?" Sam joked.
"I'm fine. Unlike you I can run more than a few yards."

Flacon dived behind one of the targets on the roof of the veichle knocking them to the floor and battled the others until the truck pulled into a warehouse.
Bucky came running in a few minutes after.
"Could've left some for me," he said.
"Well," Sam called, "it's not my fault you're getting slower old man."
"Very funny Sam." Bucky rolled his eyes.
"Where are the guards? There should be guards for something this dangerous," Sam asked, looking around.
Just as he finished, a swarm of Hydra agents came marching through into the warehouse.
"You just had to ask, didn't you?"
The two went back to back looking for the best way to attack.

At first it all seemed too easy, they were beating each one easily with time to toss banter between themselves.
"That was too easy..." Bucky said looking through some crates.
"Maybe for you! Look at Redwing!" Sam said rather sharply, picking up the remaining pieces of his loyal drone.
"About time."
Sam shot him a harsh sideways glance and stood, still holding the pieces.
"You're not taking them with you..."
"Why not? You can't stop me."
"Whos the one with the metal arm?"
Before Sam could answer, the opposite door of the warehouse blew off its hinges.

"The Winter Soldier!" A man called with a German accent, "you've brought a friend! How lovely!"
"Not my friend..." Bucky stated. He wanted to make that clear.
"Boyfriend?" Asked the man with a slight mocking tone in his voice.
"Aw hell no!" Sam yelled.
"Who are you and what the hell do you want?" Bucky asked.
"Not much," the man shrugged, "just these crates... and you're in my way"
"You're not getting them," Bucky said, grabbing a gun from a fallen agent.
He wasn't going to shoot him yet. He needed more information.
"Well then," the man said, "I'll have to kill you."
"Not happening." Sam spread his wings aimed his guns towards the man.
"Wait," Bucky put his metal arm out to stop Sam, "who are you?"
"Mr Barnes! I am offended you do not recognise me!" The man stepped forward and peeled the false skin he wore over his red skull.
"You..." Bucky said, a wave of anger overcoming him.
"So can I shoot him or not?" Sam asked. He didn't like people threatening Bucky, only he could do that.
"Oh Mr Wilson, I'm afraid you won't be the one doing the shooting."
Red Skull put his fingers to his mouth and whistled, summoning two Hydra agents with a huge weapon. A sinister grin crept across his face.
Before anyone could say anything, the agents fired a blue beam of light directly at Sam's chest launching him backwards through the wall of the warehouse.
"SAM!" Bucky screamed (though he would probably describe it as a "yell").
He rushed over to Sam's side. Sam was unconscious, his arm and legs were bent at unnatural angles and half of his face was crushed. Bucky could feel tears beginning to form in his eyes but he fought them back and turned to face the Red Skull.

"Now Mr Barnes, let me have the crates and you won't end up like your 'not-friend' here."
Bucky shook his head. Rage consumed him, nobody hurt Sam and got away with it. He let the tears form in his eyes and charged head on at the Red Skull, yelling in rage. Red Skull easily stepped aside, missing the attack.
"You're letting emotions get the better of you," he said slowly, "maybe if you came back to us that wouldn't happen. You'd be unstoppable."
"Never!"
The Hydra agents were loading up the weapon behind himas fast as the could while Bucky readied himself to throw another punch.

"This isn't very-"
Red Skull was cut off by a metal fist to the face, causing him to topple to the floor. Red Skull picked himself up as was almost met by another punch, but he parried the attack, launching a punch into Bucky's stomach.
The two continued to fight and was clear Bucky was winning when he kicked the Red Skull in the chest knocking him to the floor leaving him unable to get up.
Just as Bucky went to pull Red Skull to his feet so he could hit him again, a strong beam of blue light hit him knocking him through the opposite wall to Sam.
Red Skull picked himself up, and they made their way to the crates, Red Skull ordered them to load them into the trucks.
"Finally, after all these years, I have it again."
He was about to deliver his own evil monologue, but realised the only worthy audience were unconscious. Instead, he got into a truck and drove off with his two remaining agents.

Bucky and Sam both lay unconscious, waiting waiting someone to find them.