Chapter 10- Advice

On the way back to the compound, Bucky sat by Sam's side, who was lying unconscious on a bench of the quinjet. He hadn't stirred since they left the not-so-safehouse, and Bucky was growing more and more concerned.
"He'll be alright." Proffesor Hulk said, noticing the growing concern of Bucky.
"Hm..." Bucky hummed, not paying full attention.

Bucky, Sam and Banner were all in the back of the jet, while Rhodey drove up front, Red Skull tied up and unconscious in the seat next to him. Rhodey wasn't paying attention to the guys in the back, he was making sure Red Skull didn't try anything; he was tied up but still dangerous.

Bucky made sure Sam was completely asleep and unable to hear him before he spoke.
"Banner," he said, his voice low, but nervous, "I need some advice..."
"I, can try, though my advice probably isn't the best to follow." He chuckled.
"Say if you liked someone. Like a lot, and you know they like you back, but they don't know you like them... what would you do?"
"This some sort of teenage drama?"
Bucky blushed and looked away, reconsidering his choices.
"Well," Bruce started, "I'd tell them how I felt really, though someone like me would be too scared, though you don't seem like the kind of person to shy away."
"Hmm yeah... but... but what if you've built up this whole facade that made you seem like you hate them becuase you were scared you'd hurt them if you grew too close?"
"Well... I know how that feels, though I distanced myself in different ways... I would say you still tell them. Like the whole thing."
"Thanks..." Bucky said, glancing back at Sam. "Will you be able to clear his- I mean, our names?"
"Now we have the Red Skull, almost certainly," he smiled reassuringly.
Bucky smiled slightly in application.

Once they landed back at the compound, Bucky carried Sam off to the infirmary and refused to leave his side until he woke up. As he sat there, he grew angrier and angrier at the Red Skull, and the more he wanted to kill him; however seeing Sam also reminded him of how much it would hurt Sam if he did that, he also knew his killing days were behind him. He was so conflicted, but he couldn't let Sam down.

The sun had risen the next day, and Bucky hadn't slept a wink. He was just about to doze off when a voice pricked up his ears.
"B...Bucky?"
"Sam... hey, I'm here."
"Ugh, of course you're here," Sam joked.
"I can leave and let you get your own water and food, if you'd prefer," Bucky smiled.
They both chuckled, and stopped after a bit, and held each other's gaze for a few moments before looking away, blushing.

"There's... there's something I want to tell you... but I, uh, I don't know how..." Bucky said.
"Well," Sam smiled, "You're going to have time to think how, cuz I need to piss." Sam said, getting up and making his way over to the bathroom.
This left Bucky alone, wondering how to confess his feelings.