Chapter 8- The Return

Once it got dark, Bucky made his way into the house, making sure he didn't break the frustrating 9pm curfew.

"Sam?" Called James, "Hey, I, uh, just want to say sorry for earlier..."
The was no reply for a while.
"Fuck off Barnes." He called from upstairs.
Barnes. Bucky thought. Sam never called him Barnes. Was it one of his 'experiments' to see what would piss him off? Unlikely.

Quietly, Bucky made his way upstairs, grabbing a knife from the kitchen. Perhaps Sam was just in a bad mood, -which would've been perfectly understandable considering recent events- but Bucky didn't want to take any risks. How could anyone find them anyway? He didn't know but everything seemed off.

"Sam...?" Bucky knocked on Sams bedroom door, "you in here?"
"Just go. I don't want you around me, asshole"
That sounded a but more like Sam, but it still wasn't right; Sam's voice was strained and shallow. Bucky opened the door, lifting his vibranium arm in front of his face and knife facing forward.

"Just can't stay away, can you Mr Barnes?"
The was a man standing behind Sam. Sam was tied to a chair, blood dripping from his face.
"What do you want?"
"Well... it was only the weapons before, but now... now I need you both dead." The man peeled off his mask revealing his Red Skull once again.
"You can have me! Do whatever you want to me, but you can't have him!" Bucky yelled, readying himself for a fight.
"Funny," Red Skull smiled, "that's exactly what Mr Wilson said."

Bucky was furious, how had the Avengers let him find them? How had he found them? He'd been captured by Hydra before, and he knew it was better off getting caught dead than alive, but he couldn't let Sam die.

"Maybe, I won't kill you..." he pulled out a book and fear struck Bucky.
"No..."
Red Skull began to speak in Russian, "Longing, rusted, seventeen, daybreak, furnace." 
"Stop" Bucky covered his ears, dropping the knife.
" Nine, benign, homecoming," he continued,  "one... freight car."
Bucky stopped and stood up tall.
"Soldier?" He asked, still in Russian.
"Ready to comply." Bucky responded.
"No..." Sam cried.

Sorry this one is a bit shorter, just felt leaving ya'll on a cliffhanger :)