Chapter 12- Finale

"How long have you been standing there!?" Bucky asked as he left the infirmary.
"I, uh, just got here," Scott lied.
"Right..." Bucky didn't believe him but didn't want to reveal anything if he was telling the truth, "so what do you want?"
"Hulk- I mean Bruce wants you downstairs."
"Why?"
"Well, er, Skull's awake."

Bucky's face stiffened and he marched past Scott. He was furious with Skull and he would get what he deserved for hurting Sam again.

"Where is he!?" Bucky demanded, bursting thought the door.
"Calm down, James..." Bruce said, placing a hand in front of him, "He's through here, but we can't have you killing him. No punching either, he's being shipped off to the Raft tomorrow."
"Now if you were all Hulk, you'd disagree..."
"Well I'm not. I'm half and half aren't I? Meaning I have all the brains of Banner, so I know that murdering him will get you no where."
"What about violence?"
"You're not that man anymore."
Bucky stared at him, taking a deep breath, he pushed passed and came face to face with the Red Skull.

Skull was in a cell designed by Tony before he died; it was indestructible in every way.

"Mr Barnes..."
"Skull..."
"You're going to kill me? Surely that's what you want. Right?"
"What I want... is for you to get what you deserve but my idea of what you deserve seems to differ greatly from the others..." Bucky clenched his jaw and tightened his fists.
"Well?"
"You'll remain here until further notice."
"And thats all?" Skull raised what would be his eyebrow, "I'm sure Sam deserved greater justice."
Bucky punched the glass and brought his face to it.
"If you ever say his name! If you ever touch him, I will hurt you in ways you never knew were possible!" He growled.
"Still 'not-friends'?"
Bucky glared at him and stormed off, determined not to let Sam down by murdering the prick behind him.

/ / / / / / / /

Sam made his way up to his own room in the compound; it made a nice change from infirmaries and farm houses.
Although the change was welcome, he couldn't keep his focus on moving back in, there was one thing on his mind and one thing only: Bucky.
He actually let him kiss him; he confessed his love and everything. However, a good while after Bucky left, he thought that maybe he was pulling his leg, but it was so genuine and so real that he refused to let himself believe it was fake.

As much as Sam wanted Bucky, he knew Bucky had boundaries and limits. Buck was never allowed to be himself, not in the war and not as the winter soldier; now he could be whoever he wanted and love who he pleased. Sam knew this and knew it would take a while for Bucky to adjust, and was willing to take it as slow as he needed.

Just as Sam had finished making the bed, there was a tap at his door.
"Come in," he said.
Bucky entered, and Sam could tell he was angry no matter how hard he tried to hide it.
"Just can't stay away can you?" He joked, attempting to cheer him up even just a little.
"Apparently not..." Bucky said, closing the door behind him.
"What's up?"
"Just... stuff... I'll go if you want."
"No, no its okay," Sam placed a hand in his shoulder, "you want to tell me what happened?"
Bucky nodded and sat down on the bed, explainingthe recent encounter with the Red Skull.

"I was just so angry at what he did to you... he's hurt you twice now and... and I can't do anything..."
"Hey man," Sam sat next to him, "him being locked up is he best justice you can serve. Death would be am easy way out, and causing him pain would give him chance to play victim and get pitty."
"Yeah but-"
"No buts. He can't hurt me again. He can't hurt us again."
"What if he gets out?"
"Then we'll ne there to stop him. I promise. "

Sam put his arm around him, and Bucky rested his head on his shoulder.
Sam kissed Bucky's head, "I love you dumbass," he whispered.
"Love you asshole."

Aghhh it's over 😭😭😭
I'll be writing more fics, and I'll probably write an epilogue for this one just to cap it off :)
Sorry it's so short and the romance thing is weak, I'm not great at this stuff, I'm aroace and trying to figure out how romantic attraction works is like trying to understand maths without numbers.

Thank you for all the support though, it means to much <3

Feel free to leave any suggestions for future fics here or on intagram/ twitter :)

(Twitter: sixidiots_cap)