Chapter 6- Eggs

Sam woke up on the sofa, and his neck was stiff, he must've slept in a weird position. He sat up and looked around, and it took a while for him to realise where he was.
He stood up and went to the bathroom to shower and do his teeth. This gave him some time to himself and he took a moment to think about what had happened last night. Things started coming back to him slowly, when the suddenly remembered he'd called asleep on Bucky and he felt his face burning. Had he really done that? Why? Did Bucky carry him inside or drag him? He hadn't noticed any cuts or bruises, but he double checked and couldn't find any, meaning Bucky had carried him.

He felt his face get even warmer, realising that somewhere deep down Bucky cared for Sam in one way or another. The real question was though: Did Bucky care for Sam the same way Sam cared for Bucky?
Sam decoded not to get his hopes up, but enjoyed to toy with the idea that they felt the same way about each other in his head.

His fantasies were interrupted by a loud crash from downstairs followed by a frustrated yell.
Sam wrapped his towel round his waist and rushed downstairs.
"Hey, Buck, everything alright?"
"Ugh..." Bucky was covered in eggs, "what do you think?"
"You're making a right meal of this..."
"Haha, very funny," Bucky rolled his eyes, "you going to help clean up or what?"
"You made the mess you clean it up."
"Fine, then you're not getting anything"
"Hey that's not fair!"
Bucky shrugged and began to clean up.
"Alright, fine," Sam gave in, "let me get changed and then I'll help."

When Sam got back, Bucky had managed to clean up some of the mess, but hadn't got very far.
"What even happened?" Sam asked.
"Forgot my own strength..."
"You just dropped them didn't you?"
"Yes..."
"Well done."

They both worked to clean it up and all the eggs were cleaned up within a few minutes.
"Wait, you got some in your hair, dumbass," Sam said, raising his hand to Bucky's head.

Sam got the piece out if his hair, and they gazed into eachothers eyes for a few moments before they both looked away, blushing furiously.

Neither of them kept eye contact until breakfast was ready. They'd decided on cereal as they didn't fancy cleaning up any more eggs.

They remained silent for the majority of breakfast, until Bucky broke the silence.
"You talk in your sleep."
"Sorry, what?" Sam was taken aback by the randomness of the statement.
"Last night I couldn't sleep, so I came downstairs and you were muttering to yourself."
"And? Loads of people do that. How's it weird?"
"You were saying my name over and over again..."

Sam looked at him, his face burning again as he remembered the dream he had about him last night.