Chapter 7- The Dream

Sorry this chapter took so long, I've been fairly busy recently. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to add any suggestions or anything :)

"You were saying my name over and over again..."

"Probably becuase I'm plotting your murder in my sleep," Sam laughed nervously.
"Your face says otherwise..." Bucky said, teasing him.
"Just embarrassed you found out how much I want to kill you, dumbass."
"Sure..."

Once they finished their breakfast, Sam was left to do the washing up while Bucky sorted out some things outside.

Sam was incredibly embarrassed, the dream he had about Bucky was one he'd rather forget, but he couldn't. He didn't know how long he could play it off as a murder dream before Bucky hounded him for the truth.

////////

Bucky knew it wasn't the truth. He wanted to know the truth, but he realised if he tried to force Sam to tell him it probably wouldn't work.

Throughout the day, Bucky would ask Sam what the dream was, hoping Sam would slip up and tell him, but it didn't work, although he nearly caught him out on a few occasions.

Part of Bucky hoped it was becuase Sam had feelings for him, but another half of him didn't; he was scared. It was unusual for Bucky to be scared, but he didn't know how he'd handle the situation or if he'd end up hurting Sam and he knew he couldn't live with that. The main reason he pretened to hate Sam was so he was out of danger, but he didn't know how long he could keep up the facade.

At around midday, Bucky was training out in the field, keeping himself busy while Sam tried to work out the mechanics of the tractor. Buck would've helped, but he claimed that it was beyond his time, so stayed out of it, but found it funny watching Sam struggle.
"Hey, James, get your ass over here and help!" Sam yelled.
"You mad at me?" Bucky asked, making his way over, "calling me 'James' now?"
"Just trying to see what would piss you off more."
"Sure" Bucky chuckled.
They both attempted to get it working and got there after around an hour. They'd decided that they needed it soon to work the fields; they needed to grow their own food eventually, depending on how long they stayed.

"You think the Avengers have dealt with Hydra?" Sam asked.
"No," Bucky shook his head, "we have all the Intel and they've just locked us up here without anything to go off."
He was still mad about getting put out in the middle of nowhere with Sam, not knowing what was going on on the outside.

"So..." Bucky said after a short while, "the dream?"
Sam went red and looked away, busying himself with work, avoiding the question.
"It was nothing..." Sam lied.
"C'mon Sam, there's no point in lying. It can't be that bad."
"Maybe it is, I'd just rather not talk about it. Okay?"
"Fine."
James didn't know why it bothered him so much, however he really wanted to know the answer. Something in his gut was edging him to find out.

"It was about me and you... together. As a couple." Sam said quietly, half hoping Bucky wouldn't hear.
"I'm sorry what?" Bucky chuckled, "that's going to have to remain in your dreams."
"I know..." Sam said, his head hanging low as he walked off towards the house.
"Wait Sam, I didn't-" Bucky stopped himself.

It could never really happen could it? Bucky liked Sam too, but Bucky didn't want Sam hurt. Bucky couldn't let himself feel that way, he'd moved on from Steve, but he could never express how he felt, certainly not back then.
James sat on the floor and tilted his head back, resting it against the wall. Why was his mind such a mess and why was his face so red?

Bucky say there by himself, imagining what he and Sam would be like in a relationship. He didn't imagine much would change, other than the occasional peck on the cheek, and he quite liked that idea; he hated relationships moving too fast.
He found himself staring at Sam as he waked off. Maybe he'd apologise tomorrow, or maybe he'd confess his feelings too? Maybe...

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, again, sorry it took so long to release.
Will Bucky confess his feelings, or will he keep them bottled up as he's used to doing? Well, we'll find out soon when I can be bothered to release the next chapter :)