Chapter 9- Better Than Steve

"Buck..." Sam said quietly, "Buck, c'mon man, they got this outta you..."
"Now, soldier" Red Skull approached Bucky, "kill him."
Bucky stayed still for a second, looking Sam in the eye before he walked towards him, grabbing his neck with his right arm.
Red Skull moved closer, but as he did, Bucky reached out with his vibranium arm, wrapping his hand round the Red Skull's neck.
Before he caused Sam further harm, he let go and focused his attention on Red Skull. He punched him with his other hand as he choked him with the other.

"B..buck..." Sam was still in the chair, "you'll... you'll kill him..."
"Good."
"If you do that you're no better than him."
Sam was going to bring up how Steve would never kill anyone, but Bucky wasn't Steve. He was better.
"He'll get what he deserves if you keep him alive." Sam said.
Eventually, Bucky let go, leaving Red Skull attempting to catch his breath. Before he could get away, Buck grabbed his leg, and untied Sam, putting Skull in his place, tying him up.

"Sam are you alright?" He allowed Sam to use him as support.
"I... I think so..."

They both sat on the floor, watching Red Skull to make sure he didn't try anything. Sam was badly injured and couldn't sit up right so he rested his head in Bucky's shoulder.

"Still think I was right on the 'boyfriends' thing..." Red Skull muttered.
Bucky threw a shoe at him, knocking him out. Sam complimented him on his shot and smiled weakly.

After about half an hour, a quinjet showed up outside and the Avengers rushed inside to see Sam passed out on Bucky and Red Skull unconscious in a chair.
"So much for protecting us..." Bucky said bitterly.
"Hey, we didn't know he'd find you." Rhodey said.
"No shit..."
"Let's get you two out of here" Proffesor Hulk said.
"You're not carrying me..." Bucky said.
"Alright. You want me to take Sam?"
"No." Bucky said, picking up Sam. He wanted going to let him out of his sight until he woke up.

Another short chapter, sorry 😭. Hope you're enjoying it so far haha.