Chapter 15

A/N: the scene that happens with the singing is from the movie, Sound of Music. The scene from the movie is on the sidebar, but I just changed some lyrics to fit the plot of the story, alright?

Enjoy!

“Alright, everyone ready?” Katie whispered. 

“Wait just a second! The paint won’t rub off of Liam’s face!” Louis whisper-yelled, as both he and Celine worked with wet towels to scrub off the face paint from Liam’s face, which they had used in the comedy scene. 

“I told you not to do the eye,” Liam muttered to Celine. 

“Shh, we’ve got it,” Celine replied, as they finally scraped off the brown face paint off the skin of Liam’s eye. As he stood up, she pecked his cheek and said, “Told you it’d work.”

Liam grumbled in response, as they stood in line off stage, waiting for their cue. The camp director, Mr. Davies himself, stood on the stage, microphone in hand, as some CIT’s began setting up the mic stands and extra microphones around it.

Once Liam’s CIT, Devin, gave Mr. Davies the thumbs up signal, the camp director went on to say, “Now, I bring your attention to the stage for the counselors’ final performance of the night, and of the year all together.”

The campers cheered and the spotlights turned off, allowing Louis, Niall, Harry, Zayn, Liam, Katie, Celine, Jenny, Penny, and Tori to scramble onto stage. A small set of bleachers had been set upon the back of the stage with four levels. Niall sat on the first step, Liam sitting on the second step behind his right shoulder, Louis on the same step behind his left. Zayn, Katie, and Harry sat on the third step in that order, and on the fourth and last step, Celine, Tori, Penny, and Jenny. They sat in a pyramid formation, their heads bent down.

The spotlight suddenly shined on the five couples, to which their heads snapped up and they stared at the audience as the music began to play.

As soon as the first few notes began to play through the speakers, they stood up soundlessly, straight faced and ready. They clapped their hands behind their backs, and began to sing.

“There’s a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the mess hall and the bells by lakeside too. And up in the mountains,” they sang, and at the word mountains, the boys got off the bleachers and stood in line at the front of the stage, from left to right with Zayn first on the left, then Liam, Niall, Louis, and lastly Harry. The girls stood behind each of their boyrfriends as they continued to sing, “And absurd little bird, is popping out to say cuckoo.”

The girls, who had been hiding behind the boys, popped out from behind them and sang, “Cuckoo, cuckoo,” and continued in a rythm as the boys of One Direction continued, “Regretfully they tell us, but firmly they compell us,” after which the girls sang a last “Cuckoo,” and stood beside them to sing, “To you!”

At the instrumental middle part, the boys trotted forward on the stage, smiling at the audience, and as soon as they turned around, the girls walked up, walking in between their gaps and smiling at the campers as well before lightly skipping in line with the boys. 

At this point, Mr. Davies and his wife, Mrs. Davies, had sat on the top of the bleachers behind them. 

The boys and girls stood in this order: Harry and Katie, hand in hand on the far left, next being Liam and Celine, then Louis and Jenny, Zayn and Penny, and lastly, Niall and Tori. Each couple stood, hand in hand, as they began to sing all together:

“So long,” they sang, waving with one hand, “Farewell, hope you had fun at camp!” And moved their other hand like a windmill.

Harry and Katie stepped forward and sang, “We hate to go and leave this pretty sight!”

Starting from Tori, each person jumped and twirled in order until Harry and Katie, where Liam playfully pushed Harry’s shoulders and Celine kicked Katie’s bottom as they walked - acting sad - off the right of the stage. The remaining four couples then dramatically stepped forward and continued singing:

“So long, farewell, hope you had fun at camp!” with all the waving.

Liam and Celine then stepped forward and said, “Goodbye, farewell, to you, and you, and you!” pointing at three different directions of the crowd.

Again starting from Tori, each person besides Liam and Celine twirled and jumped in order until the young couple, where Zayn playfully pushed Liam by the shoulders and Penny kicked Celine’s bottom as they walked off stage. 

The remaining couples then took a dramatic, big step forward and sang, “So long, farewell, we will miss all of you!” with all the dance moves.

Zayn and Penny stepped forward to sing, “We’d like to stay we sure would not complain!” they turned to Mr. and Mrs. Davies, where they asked, “Yes?” and the two owners of the camp replied, “No.”

The rest of the counselors did the routine of jumping and twirling, with Zayn and Penny pushing and kicking Louis and Jenny off the stage. They then took another, gigantic and dramatic step forward and sang:

“So long, farewell, hope you had fun at camp!”

Louis and Jenny stepped forward and sang, “We leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye!” they actually heaved a dramatic sigh, slumping their shoulders as the rest of the counselors began to twirl and jump up to them in line, where Niall performed the pushing action on Zayn and Tori kicked Penny’s bottom, and they left the stage.

Niall and Tori,of the counselors then took another, gigantic and dramatic step forward to sing, “So long, farewell, we will miss all of you!”

“We leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye!” Tori sang.

Niall faced the audience and sang, “Goodbye,” extending the last syllable.

As they turned around, the rest of the couples had already assembled on the bleachers, Mr. and Mrs. Davies having moved forward and in front of the stage. The girls stood behind the first step, the boys stood behind the third step.

“We’re sad to go, we cannot tell a lie,” Mrs. Davies sang.

“I’ll see you all next year,” Mr. Davies chorused.

“And so will I!” Mrs. Davies finished.

“The sun has gone to bed,” the boys of One Direction harmonized.

“And so must I!” the girls chorused.

All together, including Mr. and Mrs. Davies, they sang, “So long, farewell, hope you had fun at camp!”

The couples came down from the bleachers, hand in hand, and stood next to the camp directors in a line, starting with Zayn and Penny, then Harry and Katie, next to them Mr. and Mrs. Davies, then Niall and Tori, next Louis and Jenny, and lastly, Liam and Celine.

“Goodbye!” Liam, Celine, Zayn, and Penny chorused, leaving from each side.

“Goodbye,” Harry, Katie, Louis, and Jenny chorused, leaving as well.

“Goodbye!” Niall and Tori chorused, leaving Mr. and Mrs. Davies’ sides.

“Goodbye!” Mr. and Mrs. Davies finished, sounding out the last syllable, the lights and music shutting off.

And the campers were ushered to bed with a last applause.

A/N: Hey, everyone! I know I haven’t updated in a month, I’m sorry... But I couldn’t figure out what to write. Now, first of all, thank you for the 15k reads! Second, I have some sad news... There are about six more chapters left on here... 

I know, I’m upset as you are.

And I apologize for the crappy chapter, I had to give you guys something...

Vote and comment if you love me