Niall and Tori

Pretty, pretty, pretty please read the author's note at the end, okay? It's important.

~Enjoy~

“This is ridiculous, Jeremy,” Tori said into the phone as she scrambled to pull on her red, lifeguard’s swimsuit, “It’s four in the bloody morning-”

“Did you just say ‘bloody’ and ‘morning’ in the same sentence?” her boss laughed on the other line.

Tori sighed as she fixed the straps of the red one piece, her heart dropping at the thought of Niall, whom she hadn’t seen in months. Though it was September, the temperatures of Florida were still in the eighties and nineties. It was estimated to be about ninety-five degrees that day at Daytona Beach, where Tori worked as a lifeguard. Every morning, she would drive an hour from Orlando to Daytona Beach to do her job, and back at night.

“I might have,” she grumbled, “Now why exactly do you want me to be there at four in the morning? Only hardcore surfers go at this time, Jeremy, and I thought Emory had the shift.”

“He’s sick,” Jeremy replied, “Now just go to tower fifteen, okay? Bye.”

“Bye,” Tori growled into the phone, pulling it away from her cheek and throwing it softly onto her bed, which she had already made in a hurry once the news reached her of going to work early. 

She grabbed her red gym shorts and her white Lifeguard sweater, hastily pulling it over her head and pulling her blonde, wavy hair into a ponytail before slipping on her flip-flops and leaving her apartment.

Slamming the door of her car, she pulled on her seatbelt and clipped it into place, immediately turning on the radio as soon as she had backed out of the driveway. The familiar morning talkshow of Sirius XM greeted her ears, and she listened to the three hosts talk a bit until music came on.

“And let’s welcome One Direction! How are you, boys?” one of the hosts, Nicole, said. 

Tori’s ears perked up a bit, and she snapped out of her fatigue of waking up early. Her heart began racing at the thought of hearing Niall’s voice on the radio, considering she hadn’t been keeping much track of him except for a few texts and maybe a phone call a week.

“We’re doing well, thanks,” Louis spoke, and Tori immeditely thought of Jenny, who was probably attending medical school in Chicago.

“Now boys, how’re you liking Florida so far?” another host, Rich, asked.

“It’s brilliant,” Liam said, and the thought of Celine at NYU was quickly fresh in Tori’s mind. She was for sure up at that hour, either writing an essay or just not able to sleep.

Using bluetooth in her car, Tori quickly rung up Celine, who answered the phone on the third ring.

“Tori?” Celine said.

“Yeah, it’s me,” Tori said, “Were you asleep?”

“No, I was-”

“Good. Now turn on Satellite radio and listen to Hits on One, okay?”

“Why? What’s going on?”

“Liam’s on the radio! All the boys are!” Tori exclaimed, her heat racing.

“Oh, okay! I’ll let the girls know!” Celine said, and they exchanged goodbyes before hanging up.

Tori quickly turned up the radio once more. Much to her luck, they had just finished asking Niall a question, who had quickly answered, and then moved on to Zayn. 

“And Niall, you wanted to be a dentist, am I correct?” Rich asked.

“At some point, yeah,” he chirped in his Irish accent.