Chapter 1

Niall suddenly sat up and rubbed his eyes, trying to make sense of where he was. It appeared to be a bus of some sort, and he finally remembered what had happened. The memories of picking at his flat and the plane ride from London to Los Angeles came flooding back into his mind. He looked out the window to find a wilderness-type of landscape, and remembered the sudden, unplanned camping trip.

"Niall..." Liam hissed behind him. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah," Niall answered, blinking to adjust his vision. The bus whizzed by a sign, and Niall barely made out two words: CAMP DAVIES. He turned around to look at Liam, who was comfortably dressed in a black tee and gym shorts, his eyes bloodshot from a sleepless plane and bus ride.

Niall looked to the aisle across from him, to see Louis sprawled out over the two seats, his mouth wide open as he snored softly. Harry was in the row behind him, occupied by his phone, and Zayn was in the row in front of Niall, sketching in a notebook Liam had provided.

Harry yawned and stretched his arms, stuffing his phone into his pocket as he heard the soft snoring of his blue eyed friend in the row in front of him.

"Uh... Mr..." Harry began, forgetting the bus driver's name for a moment. He suddenly remembered and asked, "Mr. Parker? How much time is left?"

"Five more minutes," the bus driver grumbled, waking Louis from his nap.

"I-I didn't do it!" he woke up muttering. Zayn rolled his eyes and finished off the cartoon sketch of Louis sprawled over the row of seats. The bus suddenly stopped, sending Niall hurdling forward and hitting Sid head on the back of Zayn's seat.

"Argh..." the Irish boy muttered, rubbing his head and looking out the window again. The we a small hill, on top of which stood several cabins.

Liam sighed, glad that they weren't saying in tents for two months. The thought of camping at a time like that still confused him, but he shrugged it off as he slung his backpack over his shoulder and followed his band mates off the bus, where they were greeted by a girl that didn't look too much younger than them.

"Hello," she greeted Liam with her hand outstretched. Liam gladly shook it, glancing up at her blue eyes. "I'm Celine, and welcome to Camp Davies."

"I'm Liam," Liam smiled, receiving one back from the girl. She had dark hair and blue eyes, and was dressed in a shirt that read COUNSELOR in big letters on the back. “Very nice to meet you.”

“Likewise,” Celine smiled, going on to shake hands with the rest of the boys. Harry, being who he was, eyed her up and down while she had her back turned to him to greet Zayn. Liam didn’t know why, but he wanted to smack him. So, he edged his way over to the curly haired boy and elbowed him in the ribs to get his attention. Receiving weird looks from Harry, Liam merely walked back next to Niall, where Celine was explaining the rules.

“You guys aren’t campers,” she explained. “But the campers are coming next week, that’s why you guys are here early, to get ready. Anyways, the rules are, you have to shower with your swimsuits on, and shower in pairs in case there’s a long line. I’m not a very big fan of that rule, but it is what it is.”

“You hear that Harry? No stripping off,” Louis said, nudging Harry’s arm. Harry blushed and glared at the blue eyed boy, rubbing his arm.

“Open toed shoes are only allowed at the lake, and never let a camper go somewhere alone, got it?” Celine said. The boys nodded, and Celine clapped her hands together before saying, “Who’s hungry?”

“Me!” Niall exclaimed, his voice going high pitched for a second there. Celine let out a short laugh and proceeded on leading the five boys up a small uphill slope that led to the mess hall. They walked up the stairs and went into the hall itself, breathing in the delicious smell of lasagna.

“Hey,” Niall said as they were at the tables and eating their lasagna. “This might not be as bad as we thought.”

“That’s just cause you’re thinking about the food, Ni,” Louis snapped, but quickly shoved a piece of the delicious lasagna in his mouth and quickly contemplated his answer.