Chapter 7

A/N: okay, so I didn't wait for fifteen votes... Carpe Diem, yaknow? (another quote for YOLO)

So... @vintageCindarella won the commenting contest. She got a fan from me and a dedication in this chapter!

There's going to be another contest, so read the A/N at the end, yeah?

ENJOY! xx

Niall sat, impatient, at the table in the mess hall with Tori. He concentrated on their card game, a game called ‘speed.’ He stared at the cards in his hand, but before he knew it, Tori had slapped her card onto the messy deck in front of them.

“I win!” Tori shrieked, getting up and clapping her hands together in victory. Niall sighed and slapped his cards down onto the table, jokingly putting his head in his hands in defeat. His wet, blonde hair was dried with a towel, making it stick up on all ends. Tori’s blonde hair was French-braided to the side, resting on her shoulder.

“No fair! You were faster than me!” Niall protested, faking a pout and crossing his arms. Tori stopped her victory chant and raised an eyebrow at the Irish boy, sitting back down and looking into his blue eyes.

“That’s the point of the game, Nialler,” Tori said, staring into his blue orbs. Niall sat there, frozen. He simply nodded and stared back at her, completely distracted by her staring. A sudden tug on the back of Tori’s shirt snapped them back into reality.

“I win the staring contest!” he exclaimed, as the brown hair girl tugged Tori off to the kitchen, and sat her under the counter.

“I need help,” Jenny said, looking up from the counter around the mess hall to see if there was any sign of Louis. Tori raised her eyebrows, beckoning her to continue. “I think I did something wrong, Tor.”

“What did you do?” Tori asked, fiddling with the end of her braid. She arched her eyebrows and said, “I was in the middle of winning against Niall at a game of speed!”

“I kind of…” Jenny said, and the last part of her sentenced was muffled in a whisper.

“You kind of what?” Tori pressed, raising her eyebrows and leaning forward to hear better. Jenny’s cheeks were a dark shade of red, and her eyes were wide as she looked around the kitchen.

“…Louis kissed me,” Jenny mumbled, looking down at her hands, which were neatly folded in her lap. She looked up to find Tori wide-eyed, her jaw dropped a bit. She suddenly smiled and hugged Jenny, rubbing circles into her back.

“Is that necessarily a bad thing? I knew you liked him! Now Penny owes me ten bucks!” Tori exclaimed, standing up and dusting off the bottom of her shorts. She looked down at Jenny, who had her arms crossed and eyebrows. “What? Why’re you so mad?”

“I’m betting it’s either the fact that you bet that she liked Louis, or that she kissed him back,” Niall said, walking into the kitchen. Both Tori and Jenny turned to him, confused.

“Were you eavesdropping?” Jenny asked, her face becoming redder by the second. Niall walked over to the refrigerator and pulled out a muffin.

“Couldn’t help it, sorry,” he said, walking over to them. “It’s dead silent in the mess hall, and if you haven’t noticed, this window’s open.”

He gestured towards the window that the kitchen staff used to put food into the plates of campers. It was usually closed when not in service, but someone must’ve forgotten to close it after breakfast.

“Please, please don’t tell anyone!” Jenny begged, getting up. Niall looked at her desperate face, and let out a breath.

“I think most of the boys know, lass,” he chirped, taking a bite of the muffin. “Louis’ been acting a bit weirdly anyways.”

“They do?” Jenny asked, looking down.

“I think you should go talk to him,” Niall said, taking another bite of the muffin. He realized the girls were just staring at him with shocked expressions on their faces, and said, “Well, go! He’s at the lake.”

“He is?”

“Go, Genevieve. Go,” Tori said, pushing her out the door of the mess hall. Jenny gave her friend one last glare for using her full name and walked out of the mess hall in silence, carefully walking down the stairs. Penny and Zayn were on their way up, so Jenny ran into them on the trail.

“Hey Jen, is everything alri-“

“Why did you bet ten bucks that Louis would kiss me?” Jenny interrupted Penny. Penny was left without words and looked to Zayn for help. The dark skinned boy shrugged, and Jenny said, “I thought so.”

She continued walking down the trail, ignoring Penny’s countless shouts of her name. She brushed a lock of hair behind her ear and walked down the trail, passing the hill of cabins. Liam and Celine were walking down together, laughing at something. Kate came racing beside them, a red faced Harry shortly behind her. They didn’t even notice Jenny as she walked past, continuing to the lake.

She could see the faint outline of Louis as he sat on the dock Indian style. It appeared that he had his head in his hands, and he was facing away from the shore. It appeared he was wearing a plain, white shirt and navy blue shorts. As she found herself at the front of the dock, she decided against running away and stepped onto it in silence, hoping not to disturb the boy.

Jenny saw Louis pinch the bridge of his nose and rub his eyes. She silently made her way towards him and sat next to him, staring at the view of the lake.

“Sorry,” he muttered, looking up at the lake.

“Don’t be,” Jenny said, putting her hand over his. “Everyone knows, you know.”

Louis sighed. “Yeah, but I half expected this to happen to Kate and Harry first.”

Jenny laughed, agreeing with him. They sat there in silence, enjoying the view.

Louis turned to her and said, “Look, I really am sorry about all this-“

She cut him off by briefly pressing her lips to his.

“Now, we’re even,” she smiled. 

A/N: This contest is going to have the same results as last time, but the whole thing is different. You guys have to tell me in the comments which couple you think is cutest and why, and I'll give you a fan and dedication for next chapter.

Ten votes for the next chapter! xx

~Talia