Chapter - 22

Pov - Alvin

---------------

"Luna," I called her name for the fourth time in a row but she didn't hear me even this time. She seemed quite mesmerized in beholding the interiors of the hotel without her ears on.

"Luna!"

She jumped on her feet at my voice and quickly came running towards me.

"So, Miss Luna, what do you think we are here for exactly?" I pushed down all my exasperation. "To only explore the royal ambience of London, is it?"

"N--No. No, sir. Obviously not."

I cocked my head, "Then?"

"We are here for business, sir. But---"

"Good that you are aware of it. Now fetch us keys to our rooms. Meanwhile, I'll be walking out for a brisk walk."

As I stepped outside, a gust of cool breeze struck my exposed skin like an army of small needles and left the place numb instantly. My body was now cold inside out.

I did it.

I ran away. I ran far away from her. Here I felt like I could breathe again and tell lies and torment people and do whatever the heck I had been doing without a spot of guilt in my heart. However, back there in Frankfurt, with her around me, I couldn't even move an inch without burning my skin with her hopeful eyes. I just couldn't. I behaved like a fucking teenager around her which was completely senseless and out of my control.

I did what worse a person could do to another person --- give false hopes. I had filled her up with false expectations that I would hold on to her secret that she had confessed to me as if I was something special to her. I misguided her into believing that I was a good man when in reality I was quite the opposite of it. I gave her wrong signals by involving romanticism and personal conversation in a business of sex.

Gosh why did I do it!?

--------

Days went by so quickly as if everything was moving as fast as my thoughts. It was our third day in London and I had pretty much attended all the meetings that were regarding brand collaboration, business support, retail projects and some more. It had been a great visit as everything was going well in our favor. We managed to get our hands on some big projects that were going to help us in building our brand image globally. However we did lose some nice deals but that's all a part of this business.

Now, I was sitting with Mr Maxim Viper, a successful Russian businessman in the beverage industry but an amateur in the fashion industry. However, he had business tie-ups with some of the best brands in the world and his initial projects were surprisingly some popular names.

"Mr Viper, you already know how this business works, right?" I confidently smiled at him because I knew he had no idea how everything worked actually, "And I hope you sign this deal and do fair justice to your risk-taking businessman image."

He chuckled at my last words. "Mr Alvin, how many times have I told you this that you are quite a persuasive personality?"

I leaned back in my chair. "Enough times."