Chapter - 16

Pov - Noemi

--------------

I was pissed.

I was tired of hearing these ladies discussing almost about everything---relevant or irrelevant does not matter to them. They were bickering over matters that had been long forgotten by the people who actually initiated them. And the best part of all is, they were all from the same categories---bloody cunning aristocrats.

I thought socialising would prove to be a healthy step to advance my interacting skills but as far as anybody's concern I was doing quite a disappointing job here. On the top, Mila proved to be the lady I always had had fear about---the gold digger kind of you know. She made fun of her husband's almost invisible dick about which she said it could not be seen from naked eyes, for which she used microscope to catch it in her hands at night. She was a manipulative bitch.

I wanted to go back to Alvin. He told me he would be here with me in this party but now I was waiting in vain for him because I couldn't see him anywhere. I got fucking mad when he deterred me from leaving with Mila as he already thought I couldn't do it, but now when I did it out of my own silliness I could not help but blame myself. I could not sit with these diggers anymore, and fake laugh and fake 'yeah-yeah' them. I could not.

I gulped down my second glass of mint lemon soda that proved to be the only best thing happened to me tonight. It has this sweet yet sour kind of taste that leaves an imprint on your tongue before you take another sip of it. Its cool minty flavour calms your nerves and gives you strength to bear the people eyeing around you.

"Hey!" I turned around to a voice that sounded so familiar to me.

Tyrell Williams.

He was looking magnificent in black suit that he was wearing. It was fitting his body aptly, giving him a more serious business-like look than usual chill out look. His hair was perfectly gelled up and made to tuck at one side, while two tiny strands were freely hanging down on his forehead. He looked like a man on mission to ruin hearts of pretty girls all around.

"Hey!" I gently smiled. I hope he didn't notice the agitation on my face that I had been suffering for past an hour or more.

He simply smiled as well. His eyes then averted from my dress to my legs to my curves and finally stopped on my lips. I immediately felt mortified by his glance ---glare. And I guess he instantly understood my discomfort as he cleared his throat twice before saying "Oh! I ---I'm sorry. I mean I didn't mean to embarrass you, but I can't help looking at you."

He paused for a moment and huffed out a heavy breathe as he further added "You look breathtakingly beautiful. I mean I don't know how to put this into mere words, but I somehow find it difficult to not look at you with this expression," He laughed at himself as he pointed out a finger to her face. "You see, this expression on my face is freaking difficult to hide. I'm sorry I don't know what I'm saying right now. Just..." He chuckled again, this time averting his eyes to the other side of the hall.

My skin flushed and my cheeks burned with a smile I was unknowingly emitting. I mean, I didn't want to be all girlish and stuff, but how could I resist the impact of his words even when I knew it's all the magic of Mark's surreal outfit and flawless makeup. I tried to get a hold on my smile as I said "Thank you, Tyrell. That's really sweet of you, but seriously, it's all the magic of Mark's marvellous skills."

"I don't buy it. I wouldn't even give this dress or this makeup, you say, a damn if it weren't you in it. Sometimes, it's not the dress that makes you. It's you who does justice to a mere piece of cloth," His beautiful face transformed into a serene one when he simply smiled and said "And Noemi Amante, you gave this dress a whole god damn meaning."