Chapter - 5

I hurriedly stood up on my feet when I noticed Alvin inside the room

He was standing right before me, hazel green eyes consuming every ounce of my strength steadily. His jaw clenched, and he stepped forward making my racy heartbeat throb faster than ever before. I was staring at his well shaped body and those carved muscles around his arms that were shining like a stainless sword.

I made a move forward; and there we confronted each other, completely lost in our hazy thoughts. Our eyes locked and his flinty glare obscured by a blank face. His flawlessly shaped stubble made me want to run my fingers on his cheeks.

"Um... What do you---"

"Shhh." I shushed him, placing my forefinger on his soft but parted lips, which made his eyes widen in astonishment.

I have to do this. I must do this. I need money. I have to.

I managed to gather some courage in me after consuming a couple of drinks in my system. Although my mind was generating pointless thoughts, my body was unexpectedly relaxed.

I wanted to announce it but I wasn't sure if I could stick to my words for long. However after what I heard from Helena today, I knew that there was no option left for me except to stay here and fill my bank account. I needed money, more than anything in my life. 

"I think you're forgetting who's boss here," he scoffed beneath my finger and I abruptly removed it from his lips, already missing his warm breathing on it.

"Yeah...I-I know, I'm sorry.." I felt mortified. My cheeks turned warm and my heart hopped in my chest like a baby kangaroo.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" he questioned, rolling his eyes off my face. But after exactly one second, his eyes landed back on my face.

I met his gaze and a flow of jitters ran through my spine as I replied, "Um---Can we just sit and talk?" I somehow managed to speak after so many failed attempts. My voice was barely audible to anyone, but luckily he heard it.

"Sit!" He ordered me to sit while settling himself in the middle of the bed.

I sat just next to him, gathering as much strength as I could to confess what I needed to say, but I didn't know from where to start---or in fact---how to start. Everything was so messed up in my mind that I couldn't even make an eye contact with him of more than five seconds.