06 | MARRY ME

MARRY ME

No one had ever looked so angelic as they slept, as Alana Salvatore did. There was no one who looked so close to what I believed heaven or paradise looked like than her. Maybe, God hadn't made heaven or paradise as a place, maybe they had made it as a person. Here she was, the most perfect human being I have ever seen. Of course, this perfect person would betray me and I hadn't even trusted her. So why did her deception hurt?

    She throws herself out of her sleep so suddenly that even I jump slightly. Alana groans before twisting out of the bed and onto the floor, not even giving herself a second to adjust to the groggy pain that I know envelops her body. I watch her, interested at what she is doing, before she catches herself on the wall. She sucks in deep breaths before letting out whimpers of pain. The need to help her is strong but I don't, this is of her own making.

    I take a sip of my drink before looking to my watch. It only knocked her out for an hour or so, that was considerably impressive. I pop the piece of gum and Alana's whole body whips around in pure fear. Her eyes find mine as I circle the word SAVIOR in the Word Finding book that I've been doing for the last hour.

    "Did I scare you, angel?"

    "What the fuck did you put inside of me?"

    "Recently or last night?" I question before leaning back in the chair.

    "Are you twelve years old? We fucked, I'm not ashamed of it." She snaps at me. "I like a good fuck every once in a while."

    "I'm not just good, angel, I'm phenomenal."

     "I've had better." She lies so effortlessly.

      My wolffish smile falls on my face as she stares at me with little interest. "What are you doing here?"

       "Surviving."

        "By breaking and entering my house."

        "You invited me in, or do you not remember last night?" She replies sarcastically, her own rude smile lightening up her face.

         I tap my hand and chuckle darkly, "A night I will never forget, that's for sure."

     "Let me go."

      "No, I want to know all about you," I respond before pulling the papers off of the desk. "You know exactly who I am. If you didn't you wouldn't have stuffed these papers down those pretty lace panties of yours. But I'm unaware at who you are, really."

    "Yeah, well." Alana says simply as if that's a valid response.

    "What all do you know of me?"

    The papers had a lot of personal information about my family and those who are regularly around me. That's not just it though, this page was the one page that held Scotty Fraiser to his word. The one page out of all my files that could not go missing, at any point.

    "Like you said, I know all about you, Francesca. Too damn much."

    My name sounds like home coming from her mouth even as she looks at me with anger. Even when disgusting twists her mouth into a horrid look, I have known her a thousand lifetimes before this one. That's what it feels like. Was it only me that wanted so badly to take her face in my hands and to make all that anger disappear?

    "Anything interesting?"

    "No."

    "Nothing? Well, I find that disgustingly impossible to believe."