09| CREDIT CARDS

CREDIT CARDS

My body was sore from the intense workout and the stress that seemed to never leave. It wasn't easy planning a wedding, a proposal announcement, and run a mafia. Bea, Brooklyn, and Misha were the best help at this but it was still aggravating. I kicked the punching bag and the pain burst through me.

"Fuck!" I cuss as a sound catches my attention. I look in the mirror to see Adonis stone faced and unimpressed.

Adonis watches me closely, "I leave you for two nights and you managed to get your lip busted?"

I smile at him as I rub the pain out of my hands, "I'm a mess without you, Daddy Donis."

He sighs, "Please stop calling me that, it's weird."

I shrug, "It's already your contact information."

"Of course it is and yours is Annoying Brat." Adonis mutters as he hands me my water bottle.

I touch my chest and gasp, "That's so sweet."

Harvey walks in with an interested expression on his face as I chug down my bottle of water, "You seem in a good mood."

"So do you, did you get some pussy on your little vacation?" I ask with an innocent grin like I haven't just said something so vulgar to my employees.

Adonis and Harvey look at each other and shake their heads. "You exhaust us."

"I exhaust myself." I answer with a shrug. I take the gun from the ground and notice them flinch. "Oh come on, I didn't do anything."

"We never know with you, you're like a ticking time bomb." Harvey replies. "Lila and Shawn would agree."

"Don't bring Lila up." I mumble icily. "And both were an accident."

"You intended to hurt Lila," Harvey argues like I've forgotten about how and why Lila died a very painful death. She wasn't that great at being my secretary, anyways.

"I'm about to intend to hurt you." I snap before sighing, "Plus, I had a reason."

Harvey chuckles, "Who did that to your lip?"

"The same person that did that to your arm." I reply with a smirk.

Harvey couldn't do much with a broken wrist so he was going to be taking a couple of days off every once in a while. It was fine with me, I could protect myself. Adonis and Harvey were really only needed when I had to deal with a professional job. They didn't need to guard as much as they thought they did. I was more than capable of protecting myself but a couple of skilled hands never hurt any body.

Harvey frowns at my comment and Adonis allows himself to chuckle at that. Harvey punches Adonis with his good arm, "Shut up, she's strong as fuck."

"Yeah, didn't she knock you out Adonis?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"That's not fair, ma'am." Adonis deadpanned. Harvey and I couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Oh, yeah, laugh it up."

"Did you two need anything or were y'all just stopping by to tell me that you're here?"

"Oh, speaking of Alana she has been screaming to talk to you, that's why we're here." Harvey says.

"Thank you," I groan.

"No problem, boss," Adonis replies before turning out of the room.

"He's sensitive," Harvey whispers with a wink.

"I heard that!" Adonis yells back and I snort. "Harvey! We have to do Detail!"

Harvey turns away and heads after Adonis. The older men were some of the best bodyguards a girl can ask for. Sure, they were slightly terrified of me but they did their jobs wonderfully, if I say so myself.