33| WEDDING DAY

WEDDING DAY

WEDDING DAY

I step outside of the room and everyone rushes back in. A relieved sigh expels from Elaisa as she yells at Alana for scaring her and everyone else. I even heard her mention seeing how stressed I was and how unfair to me she had been. Eme and Sienna squeeze my hand before disappearing as the door clicks shut.

"Francesca, I need to show you something." Bea whispers as she saddles up beside me.

"My wedding is about to start?" I grumble nervously.

"We have ten minutes." Bea urges. "Can you just trust me?"

I walk after her and into a room that I honestly would've overlooked if Bea hadn't pushed it open. I wonder how many hours and days Bea has spent in the manor trying to design the wedding. "What is it?"

"Well, I couldn't let you get married without seeing you." I turn to see a woman with dark brain hair and warm golden skin. She looks like a human version of a Barbie doll and I don't know if that's the best comparison but it's a truthful one.

My mother stands there in a red catering outfit with a warm smile and for a second she looks like the mother that I used to know before my father's betrayal. The one that sung me songs as I tried to sleep or laughed with me and put bubbles on my head. I am her child and she is my mother and everything goes away, somehow. I pull her into me. She shudders and gasps at the interaction but I don't care.

Why I hadn't felt this way when I saw her last, I have no idea. I can still feel the indifference like it was yesterday: the hate even. It was still here, buried beneath the relief, buried beneath the little girl that escaped for a moment, but my mother had came to my wedding. Whatever the reason, I didn't care for a moment, I hugged my mother before my hatred, indifference, or anger could make an appearance.

"Mom." I whisper like I can barely believe it. "What are you doing here?"

"I know we've had our...differences," she pulls away so that she can look at me in the eyes. "I know you blame me for what happened...but you are my little girl, Francesca. You are."

"You shouldn't have come."

Tears are in her eyes as she sniffles. "I know."

"They could find you. Where's father?" She cocks her head to the side and sighs. I can tell from her expression that she doesn't want to say why my father isn't here but I already know the reason. "It's fine, what can one expect, right?"

"You threatened to kill us if you ever saw us again." Mother arched her eyebrow. "Your father didn't want to test how true the proclamation was."