10 | ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING

ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING

There's an empty feeling in my gut that seems endless until I see the brown haired girl. Alana looks so beautiful sitting on the mall bench. She looks completely fine and unbothered by the situation. It was a good thing but I wouldn't really know until I'm with her and she's telling me that she's fine.

I shouldn't have let her go without me. It was stupid so incredibly stupid. I hated my lapse in decision. Of course, Scotty would be watching for her leaving my house. He knew that was her last place and if he believed that she ran away then he would've tracked her.

"Alana!" I call out to her and she looks up from the new iPhone that she had purchased earlier in the day.

Clarissa steps up to me, "She's fine, we took care of her."

"I want to hear that from her." I demand just as Alana and I meet. My hand slips into her outstretched one and I pull her close to me. "Are you okay?"

"You were not kidding about Clary being a badass." She was smiling and a flood of relief went through me. I didn't realize that I was looking at her with a wide smile until she quirked up an eyebrow and pursed her lips. "What?"

My hand squeezes her hand softly, "I just...you're okay."

Alana nods like she's confused about why I'm so upset before taking her hand back, "Duh, I'm fine, are you?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I say.

Adonis is watching the scene around us with protecting eyes. He's so serious that it calms me that someone has a steady head. I mean it was more than likely that everyone but me had a steady head.

"Where's the attempted kidnapper?" Misha questions and I meet eyes with her. She nods at me before squeezing my arm in reassurance.

Fuck, Misha was right. I hated that she was right that I was so invested in Alana, already. But my heart had fallen into my asshole at the thought that Alana had been harmed in any way. It was just now starting to get into a normal rhythm back in my chest.

"He's in the family bathroom with Harvey and James." Alana says. "I knocked him out."

"You did what?" Misha laughs out of impressment.

"Is that your thing?"

Alana shrugs, "Yeah, I guess, it's pretty easy."

Clary snorts, "It's like your shooting in the foot thing."

"I don't shoot that many people in the feet." I mumble in defense.

"I witnessed you shoot at least 38 people in the feet." Misha deadpanned.

"Take us to the family bathroom please." I wave Clary and Alana towards the way.

I follow them to the bathroom and Clary knocks on the door twice. Harvey opens the door and I see James standing over a body. "This is the kidnapper?"

"Yup." James says unimpressed. "He's alive."

"Let's get him to the car and to the house so we can figure out some information."  I order, "Adonis, will you help me?"

"No, Harvey and I'll do it." Adonis says.

"Adonis, he has a broken arm." I argue and the men snort.

"I have a good arm." Harvey declares before helping Adonis pick up the heap on the ground.

"So, we're carrying a body out of a busy mall?" Alana pops her head into the bathroom.

"No, not happening," James says what everyone is thinking.