07 | LITTLE DRAGON

LITTLE DRAGON

Two days later, Alana has been struggling to adapt to my rules. She's attempted to run away more than three times and is now currently locked in her suite. The guards that stand outside their room are not the scariest but they're pretty efficient. I couldn't be around her 24/7 trying to get her to relax. I was dealing with the growing threats that apparently were practically in my backyard.

I watched Scotty Fraiser from afar. He doesn't seem to concerned about me and I'm starting to think he doesn't know that Alana has spilled the beans of her plans. He probably believes she's dead. I wondered what he would do if he saw me here. We were on neutral ground but our history and his recent attempts gave permission for me to sucker punch that old hag.

But Scotty wasn't the reason I was here. I was meeting with a different evil. One that would get me some answers or at least be able to go look for them. He was taking quite a long time and it was irritating me, slightly.

"So, should I put a bounty on his head?" I ask Misha as she clicks her fingernails against the coffee cup. Her typical blonde hair is now replaced by a blonde wig — we were both dressed as plain as we could be.

Brooklyn and Delphi were watching far across the restaurant doing the same as us. I had my earbuds in as I listened to Brooklyn snort, "Don't be stupid, that's a very bad idea."

I nod in understanding. Brooklyn was right, putting a bounty on his head was a dumb and bad idea but it was appealing. If I did that then I would have to deal with the aftermath and probably would be accused of doing it to get out of a contract. There were rules to murder in the mafia world, it might not seem like it but if everyone went around killing each other unprovoked we would have no mafias. Everything has to be thought out, you got to kill the right people or you put yourself at risk.

I flip over a piece of paper detailing an agreement with a gang in Austin, Texas. It was a good enough contract between the two of us. I sign the piece of paper before sighing and setting down the pen. "You're right, Brook."

"I know I am." They say proudly.

"I wouldn't want anything to come back and hurt Alana." I mumble as I hand Misha the finished contract.

Misha's eyes fix on my face, "And the mafia."

"What?" I say confusedly.

She squints at me as I sip at my coffee, "You wouldn't want anything to come back and hurt the mafia. The thing you're the leader of."

I shrug, "Of course, that's a given."

"You're obsessed with her." Misha mutters as she downs her coffee and moves to stand up.

"Sit, down, Misha." I frown at her, "How?"

Misha scoffs as if I'm stupid to not realize it, "She just came before the mafia and you don't even know her."

I steel my eyes at her and lower my voice, "Nothing comes before my mafia."

"I'll deliver these papers to James." Misha responds icily before taking the papers and heading out of the restaurant.

Delphi's warm voice hums in my ear, "She's in a mood, she doesn't mean to be so..."

"Misha?" Brooklyn suggests and we all stifle a laugh.

"Hello, Francesca." The warm voice greets before slipping into the chair opposite of me.

"My dear friend, how long has it been?" I say kindly to the German man. His sparkling blue eyes seem so unkind in comparison to his warm, crooked, smile.