#3 (sequal)

They walked in and chatted for a while.

"So," Sapnap said, looking around at all the bookshelves and journals scattered around the room, "you read a lot?"

Karl chuckled, "You could say that."

"I noticed you were writing earlier, what were you writing about?" Sapnap asked, glancing at the discarded journal.

"Oh! I, uh, I like writing fantasy stories," Karl explained. He explained the basic plot of the book.

"Sorry, I'm probably rambling, aren't I?" Karl stopped himself.

"No, no. Don't apologize. You're fine," Sapnap smiled politely. Karl felt his cheeks warm up at the sight of his smile.

•     • • • •

Months went by, and Karl and Sapnap got closer. They were practically best friends at that point. However, both knew that they wanted to be more.

One night, Karl invited Sapnap to come over and watch a TV show they both liked. Sapnap agreed and came over after dinner that night.

They sat down on the couch, Karl with his legs tucked under his body and leaning against the arm rest. Sapnap sat with his legs half crossed and his back hunched.

About half way through the movie, Sapnap felt something on his shoulder. He looked down to see that Karl had fallen asleep on him.

Sapnap smiled to himself and thought "screw it". He wrapped his arms around Karl's waist and pulled him closer.

The movie was ending, and Karl didn't show any signs of waking. Sapnap would feel bad just leaving him on the couch, but was to flustered to carry him.

He decided to just let Karl sleep on him for the rest of the night. Sapnap shifted so he was laying on his back and Karl's head was on his chest.

He picked up the blanket by the couch and draped it over the the two of them. He then fell asleep, listening to the sound of Karl's gentle breathing.

                               •    •    •    •    •

Luckily, Sapnap woke up first. It took him moment to remember what had happened to night before.

He looked down at Karl, still sleeping peacefully. He smiled again as a gentle blush creeped up his cheeks.

Karl stirred. He sat up and rubbed his eyes tiredly. Sapnap thought that his heart was going to burst out of his chest.

"Good morning, Karl," Sapnap managed to say in a semi-normal voice. "Oh, Sapnap. You haven't gone home yet?"

Sapnap shook his head. "Sorry," Karl said, "I must've fallen asleep on you."

"It's chill. I didn't mind. In fact..." Sapnap thought for a second, debating on weather to say this or not. He finally decided to go through with it. "It made me realize something."

Karl tiled his head. "What?"

Sapnap gulped. "I- I think... I like you Karl..." Sapnap waited for a response.

Karl just stuttered incoherently. "I, uh, wha-" he sputtered.

"I think you're cute," Sapnap blurted, "and smart, and funny, and I'd date you in a heartbeat."

"I-" Karl turned red, "I would too."

"So..." Sapnap tucked a piece of his hair behind his ear, "what does that make us?"

"Uh- what do you want us to be?" Karl shrugged, his face slowly turning back to it's normal tone.

"I'd like to be... boyfriends... if that's all right with you," Sapnap twisted the ring on his index finger.

"Yeah, I'd like that too." Karl nodded.

"So we're... boyfriends?" Sapnap asked.

"Yeah, I guess we are!" Karl started laughing at how awkward the situation was, soon following by Sapnap.

Karl leaned into Sapnap's chest again. Sapnap wrapped his arms around him. They sat like that for a while, in comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's presence.