#7 (unfinished)

Minecraft IRL AU :)
(Fun fact that actually sucked for me: this was originally going to be day 4 of my Karlnap week fic, but halfway through it I decided to scrap it with only one week left on Karlnap week and at least half of my stories unfinished)
Instead of letting it go to waste, it is now here :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karl felt at home in Sapnap's presence. His mind was finally at ease. The war that raged on inside his head was finally brought to peace.

An air of certainty and confidence surrounded him when Sapnap was near. They didn't even have to talk to each other. If Sapnap was around, Karl was stronger.

Without him though, Karl could barely function. He was less poised and lost his motivation easily.

His mind wandered when Sapnap was gone. Karl didn't like when his mind wandered. It always ended up somewhere dim and scary.

Karl lied in their bed, now empty and cold on one side. He stared up at the ceiling that he and Sapnap had built together. His mind was racing.

Karl felt his loneliness seep into every nook and cranny of himself. The only think you keep him company was the flow of a nearby river.

Karl fell asleep hugging his pillow, trying desperately to push away his emotions.

The sound of other people outside was the only thing to wake Karl from his sleep. He missed Sapnap's gentle shake on his arm and forehead kisses as he tried to wake Karl up.

Hell, he missed the warm breath that would graze his skin as Sapnap lay next to him. He missed the smell of campfire that would follow Sapnap everywhere. He missed to tender warmth that his body produced. He missed it all. Every single piece.

Karl's home was in Sapnap's arms. Without him, home didn't feel like home.

Days past. No sign of Sapnap. Days turned to weeks. Nothing.

People stopped by and wished Karl well. Bad and Skeppy shared their grief with him. Sapnap was, after all, their one and only son.

Despite everyone's efforts, only two people stuck out to him. Niki and George.

Karl knew why Niki had been such a big help. She was such an empathetic woman. She baked him a batch of cookies and got him out of the house for the first time in days. She allowed him to rant about everything and nothing all at the same time. Even with his jumbled words and horrible grammar, she understood him.

George was a similar case.George had always had patience and sympathy, everyone knew that. However, he also had a way with words. He knew what to say and when to say it. He had vulnerability, a quality that others on the SMP lacked.

Maybe that's why George's words stuck to him tightly.

"Crying in bed didn't get anyone anywhere. After Dream was put into the prison, that's all I did. I was fucking miserable. Yet, I couldn't do anything. I waited to long. So, if you want Sapnap back, go get him. I waited to long for Dream to become a good person, now... you know. So, go. Before you run out of time. Like I did."

Karl nodded and wiped away his tears. George took on a more gentle and caring tone after that.

Karl knew what he had to do. And he was going to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This had been in my unpublished chapters for SO LONG. Even though it's unfinished and I just straight up slapped one last paragraph on and called it good,  I kinda like this one and I'm only keeping it up because I think it has potential and I can possibly finish it in the future + I like the writing.