#9

Been in an angsty mood lately. Because of that, you all have to suffer w/ my Karlnap angst >:) MUAHAHA!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karl didn't fear death. He resented it.

He felt that death was useless and caused no good. At the same time, he understood that it was a part of life.

Perhaps that's what kept him alive for so long. His refusal to accept his death. Or perhaps the world simply understood that there were more stories he needed to tell, more mysteries to unravel.

Possibly the goddess of death didn't want to take him just yet, for she believed he held a greater purpose.

You can imagine Karl's surprise when he found that death was coming for him. Soon.

With the few interactions Karl and Phil had, they were on rather neutral grounds. They didn't hate each other, but they wouldn't go out of their way to defend the other.

So it was odd that he showed up at Karl and Sapnap's door far past a reasonable hour.

Luckily for him, both were awake. The lovers lay curled up in blankets with their arms around one another, exchanging stories of childhood and hopes for the future.

Karl would no longer have a future. But he didn't know that yet. He was about to though.

There was an urgent knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Sapnap was about to stand up but Karl beat him to it.
"It's fine babe, I've got it."

Karl walked to the door, expecting to see Foolish, asking about another design element of Kinoko Kingdom.

Instead, there stood Philza Minecraft. Head tipped low and wings down.

"Hey- oh, Philza? Do you need something?" Karl asked, trying to be polite, however, secretly, fear built up in his chest.

"I need to speak with you, Karl," he said simply.

Just as he finished his sentence, Sapnap appeared behind Karl. He put his hand on Karl's waist and his head on his shoulder and asked, "Everything ok Kar- oh. Philza."

Phil tipped his hat to Sapnap and said to him. "Sorry, mate, but I need to talk to Karl for a moment, is it ok if I steal him for just a while?"

"Oh, yeah," Sapnap said, slowly slightly his hand off Karl's waist, "Take your time. Everything's okay though, right?"

Phil just dipped his hat and didn't say anything.

"I'll be back in a sec, Sap," Karl said, pressing a kiss to Sapnap's cheek.
"Stay safe," Sapnap put their lips together before disappearing back inside.

Karl took a step out of the doorway and asked, "So, what's up?"

"You need to see this."

Phil led Karl to a large spruce forest that had sprung up near one of Karl's favorite places on the SMP.

"How did this get here? I don't remember it being here before..."
"Exactly." Phil said, "that's what you needed to see."
"Why is it here?"
Phil looked down. "I'm sorry you have to know this but..."